Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, June 25, 2016

Despondency - The Spirit Of

Bible Questions Answered Today:
“...many of the people I work with, people I know, are so cynical that they listen to the gospel message with a spirit of criticism....”
Tony/ Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Why, is the illicit use of drugs and the use of alcohol only rising, and rising?
There is a spirit of despondency in the land. Having rejected God and His Word, what is there to live for, they have no answers, neither does anyone else, so they reason.

And the Christian, as well, must guard himself against such a spirit of cynicism, and despondency.

Cynicism:
Distrusting or disparaging the motives of others; like or characteristic of a cynic.
Bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic.
(Dictionary.Com)

Despondency:
State of being despondent; depression of spirits from loss of courage or hope; dejection.
(Dictionary.Com)

Moses complained to The Lord:
Numbers 11:14 NLT
If this is how you intend to treat me, just go ahead and kill me. Do me a favor and spare me this misery!”

Joshua:
Joshua 7:7 NLT
Then Joshua cried out, “Oh, Sovereign Lord, why did you bring us across the Jordan River if you are going to let the Amorites kill us? If only we had been content to stay on the other side!

Elijah:
I Kings 19:4 NLT
Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died.”

Job:
Job 10:1 NLT
I am disgusted with my life. Let me complain freely. My bitter soul must complain.

David:
Psalm 42:6 NLT
My God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you— even from distant Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar.

Jeremiah:
Jeremiah 15:10 NLT
Then I said, “What sorrow is mine, my mother. Oh, that I had died at birth! I am hated everywhere I go. I am neither a lender who threatens to foreclose nor a borrower who refuses to pay— yet they all curse me.”

Disciples:
Luke 24:17 NLT
He asked them, “What are you discussing so intently as you walk along?” They stopped short, sadness written across their faces

Encouragement Comes From The Lord:

Exodus 14:13 KJV
And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of
The Lord, which He will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

Psalm 23:1-6 NLT
1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.
4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in The House Of The Lord forever.

Psalm 28:7 KJV
The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.

Psalm 31:24 KJV
Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in The Lord.

Psalm 42:11 KJV
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 61:2-4 KJV
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to The Rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a Shelter for me, and a Strong Tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Psalm 71:5 KJV
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalm 120:1 KJV
In my distress I cried unto The Lord, and He heard me.

Psalm 146:5 KJV
Happy is he that hath The God Of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in The Lord his God:

Proverbs 15:13 KJV
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 17:22 KJV
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Isaiah 40:28-31 KJV
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that The Everlasting God, The Lord,
The Creator Of The Ends Of The Earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon The Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 41:10,13 KJV
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.
13 For I The Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

Isaiah 43:1-3 KJV
1 But now thus saith The Lord that created thee, O Jacob (God's people), and He that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am The Lord thy God, The Holy One Of Israel, thy Savior

Jeremiah 17:7 KJV
Blessed is the man that trusteth in The Lord, and whose hope The Lord is.

Matthew 9:2 KJV
And, behold, they brought to Him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Matthew 14:27 KJV
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Matthew 17:7 KJV
And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

John 16:33 KJV
These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 23:11 KJV
And the night following The Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of Me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

Acts 27:22,25 KJV (Apostle Paul)
22 And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship.
25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

When discouragement and cynicism, knock at the door, quote the wonderful Word of God. Promises for the children of God, from our faithful Lord.