Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, June 30, 2016

Joy Of The Lord

Bible Questions Answered:
“...this wasn't in the index. I am Christian, but were is the happiness everyone talks about, I don't have it, just what are they saying?...”
Jerome/ Madrid, Spain

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Happiness:

Merriam - Webster
A state of well-being and contentment : joy
A pleasurable or satisfying experience

Dictionary.Com
Good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

Wikipedia.Com
A mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.[

Many today, may say they have no joy, and they don't because they have missed something very important.
The way to happiness is found in the words of our Lord.

Mark 10:17-22 NLT (The rich young ruler.)
17 As Jesus was starting out on His way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to Him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
18 “Why do you call Me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good.
19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’”

20 “Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”
21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” He told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”
22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

Did you see it?
Someone has penned it this way “What we keep, we loose, what we give away, we keep.”

Matthew 16:25 KJV
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.

The heart does not have room for two treasures. The rich young ruler, kept his riches, but lost the most priceless treasure of all eternity.

Christian People Are Called To, Obey The Lord And Serve Others, Where True Joy Is Always Found:

II Chronicles 30:21,22 NLT (Feast of the unleavened Bread) (Obedience brought great joy.)
21 So the people of Israel who were present in Jerusalem joyously celebrated the Festival of Unleavened Bread for seven days. Each day the Levites and priests sang to The Lord, accompanied by loud instruments.
22 Hezekiah encouraged all the Levites regarding the skill they displayed as they served The Lord. The celebration continued for seven days. Peace offerings were sacrificed, and the people gave thanks to The Lord, The God of their ancestors.

Job 29:13 NLT
I helped those without hope, and they blessed me. And I caused the widows’ hearts to sing for joy.

Psalm 4:7 KJV
Thou hast put gladness in my heart..."

Psalm 126:5,6 KJV (Laboring for the kingdom.)
5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Proverbs 14:21 KJV (Obedience = Happiness.)
He that despiseth his neighbor sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.

Proverbs 16:20 KJV (Obedience brings blessings)
"...whoso trusteth in The Lord, happy is he.

Proverbs 29:18 NLT
When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful.

Isaiah 58:6-8 KJV (Christian Calling and reward.)
6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of The Lord shall be thy reward.

Isaiah 61:10 KJV (Joy in a life given for Godly service>)
I will greatly rejoice in The Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Matthew 9:36 KJV (Christ our example.)
But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Matthew 14:14 KJV
And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and He healed their sick.

Matthew 20:34 KJV
So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.

John 13:15,17 KJV
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

John 15:10-17 KJV (Christian Joy, comes from serving others.)
10 If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of
The Father in My name, He may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Acts 8:5,6,8 KJV (Obedience and service to others, brings great joy!)
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
8 And there was great joy in that city.

Acts 20:35 KJV (Paul)
I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of The Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed (Happiness) to give than to receive.

Galatians 6:2 KJV (Romans 15:1)
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:3 KJV
Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

James 1:27 KJV
Pure religion and undefiled before God and The Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

We may search out and obtain, land, houses or treasures, etc. but happiness is not a commodity, place or thing, to be had by seeking.

Happiness is the result of faithful service to others in the name of The Lord.

Vain Search For Happiness:

Job 20:5 NLT
The triumph of the wicked has been short lived and the joy of the godless has been only temporary?

Proverbs 14:13 NLT
Laughter can conceal a heavy heart, but when the laughter ends, the grief remains.

Ecclesiastes 2:10,11 NLT
10 Anything I wanted, I would take. I denied myself no pleasure. I even found great pleasure in hard work, a reward for all my labors.
11 But as I looked at everything I had worked so hard to accomplish, it was all so meaningless—like chasing the wind. There was nothing really worthwhile anywhere.

Ecclesiastes 7:6 NLT
A fool’s laughter is quickly gone, like thorns crackling in a fire. This also is meaningless.

True happiness in only found in loving and serving The Lord.

Nehemiah 8:10,17 KJV (Feast of the Tabernacles.) (Obedience brings joy.)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of The Lord is your strength.
17 And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Joshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.

Other blog postings:  
Joy
Happiness