Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, May 20, 2016

Patron Saints

Bible Questions Answered:
“What about Patron Saints?”
Enrico/ Syracuse, Italy

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

The idea of Patron Saints designated to be our advocate, guide or protector, is a man made idea, “not,” found in The Word of God.

Hebrews 12:1 KJV
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Here, the Apostle Paul, refers to the fact that many, with interest are watching the affairs of mankind, and that with great interest. They, though unheard, cheer us on.

Even the angels watch with keen interest, desiring to understand all that they see.

I Peter 1:12 KJV
Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with The Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

We do the better, when we find The Truth, not in hand down human decrees and traditions of men, but in the source of all Truth, The Word Of God.

Acts 17:10,11 KJV
10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received The Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Herein now is what the precious Word Of The Lord says regarding, advocacy, guidance, and protection.

Advocate:

I Timothy 2:3-6 NLT
3 This is good and pleases God our Savior,
4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand The Truth.
5 For,There is one God and one Mediator* who can reconcile God and humanity—
The Man Christ Jesus.
6 He gave His life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.

*Mediator-Greek: Mesites (Mes-ee-tace): A Reconciler Intercessor: mediator.

 Hebrews 7:24-26 KJV24 But this Man (Jesus Christ), because He continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing 
He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an High Priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
 
Hebrews 8:1,6 NLT
1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an High Priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of The Majesty in the heavens;
6 But now hath He obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also He is The Mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hebrews 9:14,15,24 NLT
14 Just think how much more The Blood Of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship The Living God. For by the power of The Eternal Spirit, Christ offered Himself to God as a Perfect Sacrifice for our sins.
15 That is why He is the one who Mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.
24 For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God on our behalf.

Hebrews 12:22-24 NLT
22 "...you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of The Living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering.
23 You have come to the assembly of God’s firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God Himself, who is The Judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect.
24 You have come to Jesus, the one who Mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel.

I John 2:1,2 NLT
1 My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate who pleads our case before The Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.
2 He Himself is The Sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

Our Guide:

Psalm 25:9 KJV (The Lord)
The meek will He guide in judgment: and the meek will He teach His way.

Psalm 27:11 KJV
Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path..."

Psalm 32:8,11 KJV
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.
11 Be glad in The Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Psalm 37:23 KJV
The steps of a good man are ordered by The Lord: and He delighteth in his way.

Psalm 48:14 KJV
For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death.

Psalm 73:24 KJV
Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Psalm 139:9,10 KJV
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Psalm 143:10 KJV
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Proverbs 16:9 KJV
A man's heart deviseth his way: but The Lord directeth his steps.

Proverbs 20:24 NLT
The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

Isaiah 42:16 KJV
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

John 16:13 KJV
Howbeit when He, The Spirit Of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all Truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.


The Lord Our Protector:

Exodus 14:14 KJV
The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

II Samuel 22:2 KJV
And he (David) said, The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer;

II Chronicles 16:9 KJV
For the eyes of The Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him..."

II Chronicles 32:8 KJV
With Him is an arm of flesh; but with us is The Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles..."

Psalm 5:11,12 KJV
11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favor wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Psalm 18:2 KJV
The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler (shield), and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 34:7 KJV
The Angel Of The Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.

Psalm 91:1-4 NLT
1 Those who live in the shelter of The Most High will find rest in the shadow of
The Almighty.
2 This I declare about The Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him.
3 For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Psalm 125:2 KJV
As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so The Lord is round about His people from henceforth even for ever.

Psalm 144:1,2 NLT
1 Praise The Lord, who is my Rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.
2 He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in Him.

Isaiah 31:5 NLT
The Lord of Heaven’s Armies will hover over Jerusalem (God's people) and protect it like a bird protecting its nest. He will defend and save the city; He will pass over it and rescue it.

Zechariah 2:5 KJV
For I, saith The Lord, will be unto her (God's people) a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

Our Advocate, our Guide, and our Protector, is no one other than King of kings and the Lord of lords, our heavenly Mediator, seated at the right hand of God, our precious Savior, The Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 42:8 KJV
I am The Lord: that is My name: and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images.

Want to read much, much more regarding this subject and more, go to www.amazon.com and type in the search bar Salvation We Are Not Afraid

Our Lord bless and keep you as you desire to know The Truth!