Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Monday, July 6, 2015

Bible Lesson: Answered Prayer: Agur Makes A Request In Prayer.

Bible Lesson: Answered Prayer: Agur Makes A Request In Prayer.

Subject Of Prayer: Agur Prays For Truth And Contentment, To Be In His Life.

Bible Text:

Proverbs 30:1-33 NLT The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh contain this message.
1 I am weary, O God; I am weary and worn out, O God.
2 I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense.
3 I have not mastered human wisdom, nor do I know The Holy One.
4 Who but God goes up to heaven and comes back down? Who holds the wind in His fists? Who wraps up the oceans in His cloak? Who has created the whole wide world? What is His name—and His Son’s name? Tell me if you know!
5 Every Word Of God proves true. He is a Shield to all who come to Him for protection.
6 Do not add to His words, or He may rebuke you and expose you as a liar.
7 O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die.
8 First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
9 For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is The Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

Agur, a Hebrew who either gave or collected sayings of wisdom.
His prayer was twofold.

7 O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die.

8 First, help me never to tell a lie.

Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.

In these requests, are seen Agur's desire for 1) Truth, and 2) Contentment.

Truth:

Psalm 25:5 KJV
Lead me in thy Truth, and teach me: for thou art The God Of my Salvation; on thee do I wait all the day

Psalm 25:10 KJV
All the paths of The Lord are mercy and Truth unto such as keep His covenant and his testimonies.

Psalm 33:4 KJV
For The Word Of The Lord is right; and all His works are done in Truth.

Psalm 40:11 KJV
Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy loving kindness and thy Truth continually preserve me.

Psalm 43:3 KJV
O send out thy Light and thy Truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

Psalm 57:10 KJV
For thy Mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy Truth unto the clouds.

Psalm 86:11,15 KJV
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy Truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of Compassion, and Gracious, Long Suffering, and plenteous in Mercy and Truth.

Psalm 91:4 KJV
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His Truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalm 100:5 KJV
For The Lord is Good; his Mercy is everlasting; and his Truth endureth to all generations.

Psalm 108:4 KJV
For thy Mercy is great above the heavens: and thy Truth reacheth unto the clouds.

Psalm 117:2 KJV
For His Merciful Kindness is great toward us: and The Truth Of The Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye The Lord.

Psalm 119:30,43, 142,151 KJV
30 I have chosen The Way Of Truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.
43 And take not The Word Of Truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting Righteousness, and thy law is The Truth.
151 Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are Truth.

Psalm 146:6 KJV
Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth Truth for ever:

John 1:1417 KJV
14 And The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of
The Only Begotten Of The Father,) full of Grace and Truth.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto The Father, but by Me.

John 15:26 KJV
But when The Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from The Father, even The Spirit Of Truth, which proceedeth from The Father, He shall testify of Me:

John 17:17 KJV
Sanctify them through thy Truth: thy Word is Truth.

Contentment:

Proverbs 15:16 KJV
Better is little with the fear of The Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.

Matthew 6:24-34 NLT
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your Heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to Him than they are?
27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,
29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’
32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Philippians 4:11 KJV
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

I Timothy 6:6-8 KJV
6 But Godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Hebrews 13:5 KJV
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Did The Lord answer Agur's prayer?
Yes!

Psalm 84:11 KJV
For The Lord God is a sun and shield: The Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Romans 8:32 KJV
He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

James 1:17 KJV
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from The Father Of Lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.