Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Depression

Bible Questions Answered:
“...our neighborhood prayer group, some 15 of us meet and discuss current events, and read from your blog postings. Some were wondering about....actor who suffered from depression, and if the Bible might have a thing to say concerning that...”
Will/ Pasadena, California U.S.A.

Bible Answer:
Bible Text:

There was a man who had in his employ a young boy. One day in a fit of depression and anger, the man threw a sword at the young boy, but he escaped.

Had this man inherited a pair of genes, too tight, taking his breath away, thus making him ill-tempered towards others?

Some would call in the doctor, the psychiatrist, the psychologist, or psychoanalyst etc. but this was 1063 B.C., and there weren't any.

The man was King Saul, his young servant, a giant killer by the name of David.

How had a man chosen by God to be king fallen into such a sorry state?

I Samuel 15:1-9 NLT
1 One day Samuel said to Saul, “It was The Lord who told me to anoint you as king of His people, Israel. Now listen to this message from The Lord!
2 This is what The Lord Of Heaven’s Armies has declared: I have decided to settle accounts with the nation of Amalek for opposing Israel when they came from Egypt.
3 Now go and completely destroy[a] the entire Amalekite nation—men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.”
4 So Saul mobilized his army at Telaim. There were 200,000 soldiers from Israel and 10,000 men from Judah.
5 Then Saul and his army went to a town of the Amalekites and lay in wait in the valley.
6 Saul sent this warning to the Kenites: “Move away from where the Amalekites live, or you will die with them. For you showed kindness to all the people of Israel when they came up from Egypt.” So the Kenites packed up and left.
7 Then Saul slaughtered the Amalekites from Havilah all the way to Shur, east of Egypt.
8 He captured Agag, the Amalekite king, but completely destroyed everyone else.
9 Saul and his men spared Agag’s life and kept the best of the sheep and goats, the cattle, the fat calves, and the lambs—everything, in fact, that appealed to them. They destroyed only what was worthless or of poor quality.

Saul rejected by The Lord

10 Then The Lord said to Samuel,
11 “I am sorry that I ever made Saul king, for he has not been loyal to Me and has refused to obey My command.” Samuel was so deeply moved when he heard this that he cried out to The Lord all night.
12 Early the next morning Samuel went to find Saul. Someone told him, “Saul went to the town of Carmel to set up a monument to himself; then he went on to Gilgal.”
13 When Samuel finally found him, Saul greeted him cheerfully. “May The Lord bless you,” he said. “I have carried out The Lord’s command!”
14 “Then what is all the bleating of sheep and goats and the lowing of cattle I hear?” Samuel demanded.
15 “It’s true that the army spared the best of the sheep, goats, and cattle,” Saul admitted. “But they are going to sacrifice them to The Lord your God. We have destroyed everything else.”
16 Then Samuel said to Saul, “Stop! Listen to what The Lord told me last night!” “What did he tell you?” Saul asked.
17 And Samuel told him, “Although you may think little of yourself, are you not the leader of the tribes of Israel? The Lord has anointed you king of Israel.
18 And The Lord sent you on a mission and told you, ‘Go and completely destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, until they are all dead.’
19 Why haven’t you obeyed The Lord? Why did you rush for the plunder and do what was evil in The Lord’s sight?”
20 “But I did obey The Lord,” Saul insisted. “I carried out the mission He gave me. I brought back King Agag, but I destroyed everyone else.
21 Then my troops brought in the best of the sheep, goats, cattle, and plunder to sacrifice to The Lord your God in Gilgal.”
22 But Samuel replied,
What is more pleasing to The Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
23 Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, He has rejected you as king.”


I Samuel 16:1 NLT
1 Now The Lord said to Samuel, “You have mourned long enough for Saul. I have rejected him as king of Israel, so fill your flask with olive oil and go to Bethlehem. Find a man named Jesse who lives there, for I have selected one of his sons to be My king.”
13 So as David stood there among his brothers, Samuel took the flask of olive oil he had brought and anointed David with the oil. And The Spirit Of The Lord came powerfully upon David from that day on. Then Samuel returned to Ramah.

I Samuel 18:6-11 NLT
6 When the victorious Israelite army was returning home after David had killed the Philistine, women from all the towns of Israel came out to meet King Saul. They sang and danced for joy with tambourines and cymbals.
7 This was their song:
Saul has killed his thousands, and David his ten thousands!”
8 This made Saul very angry. “What’s this?” he said. “They credit David with ten thousands and me with only thousands. Next they’ll be making him their king!”
9 So from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David.
10 The very next day a tormenting spirit from God overwhelmed Saul, and he began to rave in his house like a madman. David was playing the harp, as he did each day. But Saul had a spear in his hand,
11 and he suddenly hurled it at David, intending to pin him to the wall. But David escaped him twice.


I Samuel 16:14-23 NLT
14 Now The Spirit Of The Lord had left Saul, and The Lord sent a tormenting spirit that filled him with depression and fear.
15 Some of Saul’s servants said to him, “A tormenting spirit from God is troubling you.
16 Let us find a good musician to play the harp whenever the tormenting spirit troubles you. He will play soothing music, and you will soon be well again.”
17 “All right,” Saul said. “Find me someone who plays well, and bring him here.”
18 One of the servants said to Saul, “One of Jesse’s sons from Bethlehem is a talented harp player. Not only that—he is a brave warrior, a man of war, and has good judgment. He is also a fine-looking young man, and The Lord is with him.”
19 So Saul sent messengers to Jesse to say, “Send me your son David, the shepherd.”
20 Jesse responded by sending David to Saul, along with a young goat, a donkey loaded with bread, and a wineskin full of wine.
21 So David went to Saul and began serving him. Saul loved David very much, and David became his armor bearer.
22 Then Saul sent word to Jesse asking, “Please let David remain in my service, for I am very pleased with him.”
23 And whenever the tormenting spirit from God troubled Saul, David would play the harp. Then Saul would feel better, and the tormenting spirit would go away.

How had a King come to such a place as this?
By not obeying the commands of The Lord (disobedience to His Word.)
By anger and Jealousy, he opened a door to evil forces in his life.

Davids worship music (Psalms) help to keep the evil at bay.

If you are not “right,” with The Lord, get right, which means repentance for sin, faith, and obedience to His Word!

Fill your life with the things of God, His Word, His service, His people, His music, His everything etc. etc. into your life!

II Chronicles 7:14 KJV
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If you are a faithful Christian, believe The Word!

Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for The Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Joshua 1:9 KJV
This is My command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

II Samuel 22:2 KJV
"... The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer;

Psalm 16:8 KJV
I have set The Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Psalm 28:6-8 KJV
6 Blessed be The Lord, because He hath heard the voice of my supplications.
7 The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.
8 The Lord is their Strength, and He is the saving Strength of His anointed.

Psalm 34:18 NLT
The Lord is close to the broken hearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

Psalm 145:18 KJV
The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in Truth.

Isaiah 41:10 NLT
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.

Isaiah 46:4 NLT
I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 NLT
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says The Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12 In those days when you pray, I will listen.

John 14:15-18 KJV
15 If ye love Me, keep My commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even The Spirit Of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Matthew 28:20 NLT
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

II Corinthians 1:10 KJV
And He did rescue us from mortal danger, and He will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us.

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV
5 "...for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6 "... The Lord is my helper..."

James 4:8 KJV
Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you..."