Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Castaway #2


Bible Questions Answered:
“How could beloved Apostle Paul ever consider himself a castaway?”
Vincenzo/ Ravenna, Italy

Bible Answer:
Bible Text:
I Corinthians 9:1-27 KJV (Apostle Paul)
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath The Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

The Apostle always committed himself to a life of “self-denial,” so that he would not become a castaway.

I Corinthians 9:13,14,27 KJV (Apostle Paul)
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath The Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Christian people are to think and live the same way!

Matthew 5:29,30 KJV (Our Lord, was speaking metaphorically.)
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 6:24,25 KJV (Jesus)
24 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.

Luke 14:26,27,33 KJV (Jesus)
26 If any man come to Me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after Me, cannot be My disciple.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.

Romans 6:6 KJV (Apostle Paul)
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 8:13 KJV (Apostle Paul)
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through The Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 13:14 KJV (Apostle Paul)
But put ye on The Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.

Romans 15:1 KJV (Apostle Paul)
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Galatians 5:16,24,25 KJV (Apostle Paul)
16 This I say then, Walk in The Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in The Spirit, let us also walk in The Spirit.

Philippians 3:8 KJV (Apostle Paul)
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Colossians 3:5 NLT (Apostle Paul)
So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

I Peter 2:11 KJV (Apostle Peter)
Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

I Peter 4:1,2 KJV (Apostle Paul)
1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Can a Christian, become a “castaway, someone who is rejected, by God?”
The Apostle Paul fully believed so!
For that reason, he constantly was on guard, to be sure his life measured up to a life of self-denial, in righteousness, before God.

Philippians 2:5-8 KJV (Apostle Paul)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a Servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a Man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.