Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: Jeremiah Intercedes For God's People, But His Intercession, Was Denied.

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: Jeremiah Intercedes For God's People, But His Intercession, Was Denied.

Bible Text: Jeremiah 14/15

Jeremiah 14:1-22 NLT
(Judah’s Terrible Drought.)
1 This message came to Jeremiah from The Lord, explaining why He was holding back the rain:

2 “Judah wilts; commerce at the city gates grinds to a halt. All the people sit on the ground in mourning, and a great cry rises from Jerusalem.
3 The nobles send servants to get water, but all the wells are dry. The servants return with empty pitchers, confused and desperate, covering their heads in grief.
4 The ground is parched and cracked for lack of rain. The farmers are deeply troubled; they, too, cover their heads.
5 Even the doe abandons her newborn fawn because there is no grass in the field.
6 The wild donkeys stand on the bare hills
panting like thirsty jackals.
They strain their eyes looking for grass,
but there is none to be found.”

Note:
Leviticus 26:18-20 NLT
18 “And if, in spite of all this, you still disobey Me, I will punish you seven times over for your sins.
19 I will break your proud spirit by making the skies as unyielding as iron and the earth as hard as bronze.
20 All your work will be for nothing, for your land will yield no crops, and your trees will bear no fruit.

Deuteronomy 11:16,17 NLT
16 “But be careful. Don’t let your heart be deceived so that you turn away from The Lord and serve and worship other gods.
17 If you do, The Lord’s anger will burn against you. He will shut up the sky and hold back the rain, and the ground will fail to produce its harvests. Then you will quickly die in that good land The Lord is giving you.

Deuteronomy 28:23,24 NLT
23 The skies above will be as unyielding as bronze, and the earth beneath will be as hard as iron.
24 The Lord will change the rain that falls on your land into powder, and dust will pour down from the sky until you are destroyed.

7 The people say, “Our wickedness has caught up with us, Lord,
but help us for the sake of your own reputation.
We have turned away from you
and sinned against you again and again.
8 O Hope of Israel, our Savior in times of trouble,
why are you like a stranger to us?
Why are you like a traveler passing through the land,
stopping only for the night?
9 Are you also confused?
Is our champion helpless to save us?
You are right here among us, Lord.
We are known as your people.
Please don’t abandon us now!”

Note:
Certainly sin must be the brother to stupidity!
Rebel against The Lord, time and time again, and then in trouble call Him your Champion?

Proverbs 1:7 KJV
The fear of The Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

10 So this is what The Lord says to His people:
You love to wander far from Me
and do not restrain yourselves.
Therefore, I will no longer accept you as My people.
Now I will remember all your wickedness
and will punish you for your sins.”

(The Lord Forbids Jeremiah to Intercede.)

Note:
Hosea 8:13,14 KJV
13 They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of Mine offerings, and eat it; but The Lord accepteth them not; now will He remember their iniquity, and visit their sins: they shall return to Egypt.
14 For Israel hath forgotten His Maker, and buildeth temples; and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.

11 Then The Lord said to me, “Do not pray for these people anymore.
12 When they fast, I will pay no attention. When they present their burnt offerings and grain offerings to Me, I will not accept them. Instead, I will devour them with war, famine, and disease.”

Note:

I Samuel 15:22 KJV
And Samuel said, Hath The Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of The Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Psalm 40:6 KJV
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

Psalm 51:16,17 KJV
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Proverbs 21:3 KJV
To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to The Lord than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11-13,18,19 KJV
11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto Me? saith The Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before Me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread My courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto Me; the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith The Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Hosea 6:6 KJV
For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Malachi 2:13,17/ 3:1-3 KJV
13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of The Lord with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that He regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.
17 Ye have wearied The Lord with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied Him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of The Lord, and He delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?
Malachi 3:1-3 KJV
1 Behold, I will send My Messenger, and He shall prepare The Way before Me: and The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even The Messenger Of The Covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3 And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto The Lord an offering in righteousness.

Matthew 7:20-23 KJV (Hypocritical Service)
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.

John 14:21 KJV
He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.

Hebrews 10:5-10 KJV
5 Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared Me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when He said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said He, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.


13 Then I said, “O Sovereign Lord, their prophets are telling them, ‘All is well—no war or famine will come. The Lord will surely send you peace.’”

14 Then the Lord said, “These prophets are telling lies in My name. I did not send them or tell them to speak. I did not give them any messages. They prophesy of visions and revelations they have never seen or heard. They speak foolishness made up in their own lying hearts.
15 Therefore, this is what The Lord says: I will punish these lying prophets, for they have spoken in My name even though I never sent them. They say that no war or famine will come, but they themselves will die by war and famine!
16 As for the people to whom they prophesy—their bodies will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and war. There will be no one left to bury them. Husbands, wives, sons, and daughters—all will be gone. For I will pour out their own wickedness on them.

17 Now, Jeremiah, say this to them:
Night and day My eyes overflow with tears.
I cannot stop weeping,
for My virgin daughter—My precious people—
has been struck down
and lies mortally wounded.
18 If I go out into the fields,
I see the bodies of people slaughtered by the enemy.
If I walk the city streets,
I see people who have died of starvation.
The prophets and priests continue with their work,
but they don’t know what they’re doing.”

(A Prayer for Healing)
19 Lord, have you completely rejected Judah?
Do you really hate Jerusalem?
Why have you wounded us past all hope of healing?
We hoped for peace, but no peace came.
We hoped for a time of healing, but found only terror.
20 Lord, we confess our wickedness
and that of our ancestors, too.
We all have sinned against you.
21 For the sake of your reputation, Lord, do not abandon us.
Do not disgrace your own glorious throne.
Please remember us,
and do not break your covenant with us.

22 Can any of the worthless foreign gods send us rain?
Does it fall from the sky by itself?
No, you are the one, O Lord our God!
Only you can do such things.
So we will wait for you to help us.

Note:
God's people had the attitude that no matter what their sins, they could always call upon The Lord, to bail them out of trouble.

Galatians 6:7 KJV
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Jeremiah 15:1-21 NLT

(Judah’s Inevitable Doom.)
1 Then The Lord said to me, “Even if Moses and Samuel stood before Me pleading for these people, I wouldn’t help them. Away with them! Get them out of My sight!
2 And if they say to you, ‘But where can we go?’ tell them, ‘This is what The Lord says:

“‘Those who are destined for death, to death;
those who are destined for war, to war;
those who are destined for famine, to famine;
those who are destined for captivity, to captivity.’
3 “I will send four kinds of destroyers against them,” says the Lord. “I will send the sword to kill,
the dogs to drag away, the vultures to devour, and the wild animals to finish up what is left.

NOTE:
(Revelation 6:1-8 KJV
Verses 1-2 Captivity
Verses 3-4 War
Verses 5-6 Famine
Verses 7-8 Death
These horses have ridden before!)

4 Because of the wicked things Manasseh son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, did in Jerusalem, I will make My people an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.

NOTE:
Judgment came because of the sins of ….. “God's People.”

Deuteronomy 28:25,26 KJV
25 “The Lord will cause you to be defeated by your enemies. You will attack your enemies from one direction, but you will scatter from them in seven! You will be an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.
26 Your corpses will be food for all the scavenging birds and wild animals, and no one will be there to chase them away.

5 “Who will feel sorry for you, Jerusalem?
Who will weep for you?
Who will even bother to ask how you are?
6 You have abandoned Me
and turned your back on Me,”
says The Lord.
Therefore, I will raise My fist to destroy you.
I am tired of always giving you another chance.

Note:
Genesis 6:3 KJV
And The Lord said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man..."

Hebrews 10:31 KJV
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of The living God.

7 I will winnow you like grain at the gates of your cities
and take away the children you hold dear.
I will destroy My own people,
because they refuse to change their evil ways.
8 There will be more widows
than the grains of sand on the seashore.
At noontime I will bring a destroyer
against the mothers of young men.
I will cause anguish and terror
to come upon them suddenly.
9 The mother of seven grows faint and gasps for breath;
her sun has gone down while it is still day.
She sits childless now,
disgraced and humiliated.
And I will hand over those who are left
to be killed by the enemy.
I, The Lord, have spoken!”

(Jeremiah’s Complaint)
10 Then I said,

What sorrow is mine, my mother.
Oh, that I had died at birth!
I am hated everywhere I go.
I am neither a lender who threatens to foreclose
nor a borrower who refuses to pay—
yet they all curse me.”
11 The Lord replied,

I will take care of you, Jeremiah.
Your enemies will ask you to plead on their behalf
in times of trouble and distress.
12 Can a man break a bar of iron from the north,
or a bar of bronze?
13 At no cost to them,
I will hand over your wealth and treasures
as plunder to your enemies,
for sin runs rampant in your land.
14 I will tell your enemies to take you
as captives to a foreign land.
For My anger blazes like a fire
that will burn forever.”

Note:
Deuteronomy 32:22 NLT
For My anger blazes forth like fire and burns to the depths of the grave. It devours the earth and all its crops and ignites the foundations of the mountains.

Mark 9:44,46,48 KJV
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

15 Then I said,

Lord, you know what’s happening to me.
Please step in and help me. Punish my persecutors!
Please give me time; don’t let me die young.
It’s for your sake that I am suffering.
16 When I discovered your words, I devoured them.
They are my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
O Lord God Of Heaven’s Armies.
17 I never joined the people in their merry feasts.
I sat alone because your hand was on me.
I was filled with indignation at their sins.
18 Why then does my suffering continue?
Why is my wound so incurable?
Your help seems as uncertain as a seasonal brook,
like a spring that has gone dry.”

19 This is how The Lord responds:

Note:
A message to Pastors, everywhere. (Also Verse 11)

If you return to Me, I will restore you
so you can continue to serve Me.
If you speak good words rather than worthless ones,
you will be My spokesman.
You must influence them;
do not let them influence you!
20 They will fight against you like an attacking army,
but I will make you as secure as a fortified wall of bronze.
They will not conquer you,
for I am with you to protect and rescue you.
I, The Lord, have spoken!
21 Yes, I will certainly keep you safe from these wicked men.
I will rescue you from their cruel hands.”

This is the story of Jeremiah, God's Prophet, and his intercession for the people of God.
Intercede he did, yet his intercession was refused, and why?

Prayers of intercession were refused by The Lord, because, the people of God had sinned with impunity!
All the warnings, they had refused, false teachers, reassuring them with false peace and safety had prevailed.

Genesis 6:3 KJV
And The Lord said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man...."

II Timothy 4:3,4 NLT
3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.
4 They will reject The Truth and chase after myths.

Warnings For Today:

Hebrews 4:6,7 AMP
6 Therefore, since the promise remains for some to enter His rest, and those who formerly had the good news preached to them failed to [grasp it and did not] enter because of [their unbelief evidenced by] disobedience,
7 He again sets a definite day, [a new] “Today,” [providing another opportunity to enter that rest by] saying through David after so long a time, just as has been said before [in the words already quoted],
Today if you hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”

Today, turn to The Lord, in repentance, and faith in the finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ. Claim Him as your Savior, and have your name written in the book of life.

To delay that decision, is to say “no.”
Today if you hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”