Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Sunday, December 20, 2015

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: Habakkuk Prays For The Restoration And Deliverance Of God's People.

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: Habakkuk Prays For The Restoration And Deliverance Of God's People.

Bible Text:
Habakkuk 3:1-19 NLT
1 This prayer was sung by the prophet Habakkuk:
2 I have heard all about you, Lord. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by.
And in your anger, remember your mercy.

2 O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.(KJV)

3 I see God moving across the deserts from Edom, The Holy One coming from Mount Paran. His brilliant splendor fills the heavens, and the earth is filled with His praise. (Deuteronomy 33:2)
4 His coming is as brilliant as the sunrise. Rays of light flash from His hands, where His awesome power is hidden.
5 Pestilence marches before Him; plague follows close behind.
6 When He stops, the earth shakes. When He looks, the nations tremble. He shatters the everlasting mountains and levels the eternal hills. He is The Eternal One!
7 I see the people of Cushan in distress, and the nation of Midian trembling in terror.
8 Was it in anger, Lord, that you struck the rivers and parted the sea? Were you displeased with them No, you were sending your chariots of salvation!
9 You brandished your bow and your quiver of arrows. You split open the earth with flowing rivers.
10 The mountains watched and trembled. Onward swept the raging waters. The mighty deep cried out, lifting its hands in submission.
11 The sun and moon stood still in the sky as your brilliant arrows flew and your glittering spear flashed.
12 You marched across the land in anger and trampled the nations in your fury.
13 You went out to rescue your chosen people, to save your anointed ones. You crushed the heads of the wicked and stripped their bones from head to toe.
14 With his own weapons you destroyed the chief of those who rushed out like a whirlwind, thinking Israel would be easy prey.
15 You trampled the sea with your horses, and the mighty waters piled high.
16 I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us.
17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in The Lord! I will be joyful in The God Of My Salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my Strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.

(For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)

Habakkuk 1:2 NLT
...In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by.

Habakkuk 1:2 KJV
... O Lord, revive thy work...”

Habakkuk, pleaded to The Lord, for His help, “...in wrath remember mercy.”
The people of God, had lost the close relationship they once had with The Lord.
The answer to their dilemma, was not only safety from the oppressive Chaldeans, but renewal, a revival of the relationship they once enjoyed with The Lord who loved, and cared for them.

Habakkuk recalled former deliverances, while remembering The Lord's divine mercy upon His people.
There were things which he could not understand, but one thing was certain, Habakkuk, trusted in God.

Psalm 73:1-28 KJV (A psalm of Asaph.)
1 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.
2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
3 For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches (Habakkuk could certainly thought all this of Babylon).

13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19 How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.
20 As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
21 Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.
22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden (held) me by my right hand.
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in The Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

Psalm 3:1-8 KJV (David's psalm, when he fled from his son Absalom. II Samuel 15)
1 Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I cried unto The Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill. Selah.
5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for The Lord sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.
7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8 Salvation belongeth unto The Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Did God hear Habakkuk's prayer, and was He faithful to His people, yes!
And God's people today?

Joel 2:12-17 KJV
12 Therefore also now, saith The Lord, turn ye even to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto The Lord your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth Him of the evil.
14 Who knoweth if He will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind Him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto The Lord your God?
15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:
16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.
17 Let the priests, the ministers of The Lord, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O Lord..."

Does God Hear And Answer Prayer?

I Chronicles 16:11 KJV
Seek The Lord and His strength, seek His face continually.

Psalm 6:9 KJV
The Lord hath heard my supplication; The Lord will receive my prayer.

Psalm 55:17 KJV
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.

Psalm 65:2 KJV
O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

Psalm 66:19 KJV
But verily God hath heard me; He hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

Psalm 91:15 KJV
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him.

Psalm 102:17 KJV
He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.

Psalm 122:6 KJV
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Proverbs 15:8,29 KJV
8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to The Lord: but the prayer of the upright is His delight.
29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but He heareth the prayer of the righteous.

Isaiah 56:7 KJV
"... for Mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Isaiah 58:9 KJV
Then shalt thou call, and The Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and He shall say, Here I am...:"

Isaiah 65;24 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Zechariah 13:9 KJV
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Matthew 5:44 KJV
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 7:7,8 KJV
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 18:19,20 KJV
19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of My Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matthew 21:22 KJV
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Matthew 26:41 KJV
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Mark 11:24 KJV
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Luke 11:9,10 KJV
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Luke 18:1 KJV
And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Luke 21:36 KJV
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before The Son Of Man.

John 15:7 KJV
If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 16:24 KJV
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Ephesians 6:18 KJV
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in The Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Philippians 4:6 NLT
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.

Colossians 4:2 NLT
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

I Thessalonians 5:17 KJV
Pray without ceasing.

I Timothy 2:8 KJV
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

James 5:13 KJV
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray..."

I Peter 4:7 KJV
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

I John 3:22 KJV
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

Revelation 8:3-5 NLT (Prayers heard and kept)
3 Then another angel with a gold incense burner came and stood at the altar. And a great amount of incense was given to him to mix with the prayers of God’s people as an offering on the gold altar before the throne.
4 The smoke of the incense, mixed with the prayers of God’s holy people, ascended up to God from the altar where the angel had poured them out.
5 Then the angel filled the incense burner with fire from the altar..."

Psalm 141:2 KJV
Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.