Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, May 17, 2014

Friendship With The World

Bible Questions Answered:
“How can we help but be a friend of the world we live in?...”
Raleigh/ Rocky Mount, North Carolina

Bible Answer:
Bible Text:
James 4:1-10 NLT (James addresses the Jewish Christian congregation.)
1 What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you?
2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it.
3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.
4 You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.
5 What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that The Spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?
6 But He gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say,
God opposes the proud but favors the humble.”
7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.
9 Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.
10 Humble yourselves before The Lord, and He will lift you up in honor.

God's child is in flesh and spirit, and the two are at constant war with each other.
Our sins have been forgiven, yes, but our fallen human nature, received by and through the fall of Adam, is not rescinded! Human nature and its fallen tendencies must be battled throughout life.

One day this battle will for ever be over, ….
I John 3:2 KJV
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
...but not until then.

Friendship with the world.

James 4:5 NLT
What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that The Spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?

God will “not,” take second place in our hearts and lives!

In the Old Testament, He told Israel:

Isaiah 1:18-21 KJV (God's people, unfaithful.)
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith The Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of The Lord hath spoken it.
21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

Jeremiah 3:1-25 KJV (Husband and wife, God and His people.) Also see Hosea chapters 1-3.)
1 They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to Me, saith The Lord.
2 Lift up thine eyes unto the high places, and see where thou hast not been lien with. In the ways hast thou sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and thou hast polluted the land with thy whoredoms and with thy wickedness.
3 Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.
4 Wilt thou not from this time cry unto Me, My Father, thou art the guide of my youth?
5 Will He reserve His anger for ever? will He keep it to the end? Behold, thou hast spoken and done evil things as thou couldest.
6 The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.
7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto Me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto Me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith The Lord.
11 And The Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.
12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith
The Lord; and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith The Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.
13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against The Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed My voice, saith
The Lord.
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith The Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith The Lord, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of The Lord: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.
17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of The Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.
19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call Me, My Father; and shalt not turn away from Me.
20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with Me, O house of Israel, saith The Lord.
21 A voice was heard upon the high places, weeping and supplications of the children of Israel: for they have perverted their way, and they have forgotten The Lord their God.
22 Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your back slidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art The Lord our God.
23 Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in The Lord our God is the salvation of Israel.
24 For shame hath devoured the labor of our fathers from our youth; their flocks and their herds, their sons and their daughters.
25 We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against
The Lord our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of The Lord our God.

God considered Israel's friendship with the world and its ways, spiritual adultery.
The same theme is seen in the New Testament with Christ and His bride.

II Corinthians 11:2 KJV
For I am jealous over you with Godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one Husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Ephesians 5:21-27 KJV l(See also: Revelation chapters 19 and 21.)
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto The Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is The Head Of The Church: and He is
The Savior Of The Body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it;
26 That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by The Word,
27 That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

“May one have a career and, not considered a friend of the world?”
Yes!

Even the Apostle Paul, had to work to eat...and did not consider it “friendship with the world.”

II Thessalonians 3:8 NLT (Apostle Paul told the Thessalonians...)
We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you.

Acts 18:1-3 NLT
1 Then Paul left Athens and went to Corinth.
2 There he became acquainted with a Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, who had recently arrived from Italy with his wife, Priscilla. They had left Italy when Claudius Caesar deported all Jews from Rome.
3 Paul lived and worked with them, for they were tent makers just as he was.

James 4:4 NLT
You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

James here is referring to scriptures such as we have already read such as Isaiah chapter 1, Jeremiah chapter 3, and Hosea chapters 1-3.

Spiritual adultery is as its physical counter part, infidelity to ones vowed mate!
We cannot say we love God, and love and serve the things of the world as well!

Just one example....
Matthew 6:24 KJV
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (money).

In the Old Testament, God would not share Israels love and her love for Baal, as well, one had to go!
And in our day, God will “not,” accept our shared love! Our love and service must be to Him, without exception, or nothing at all. Marriage to our Husband, means total commitment, as He is to us!

James 4:5 NLT
What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that The Spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?

James 4:4-6 MSG (The Message)
4-6 You’re cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and His way. And do you suppose God doesn’t care? The proverb has it that “He’s a fiercely jealous lover.” And what He gives in love is far better than anything else you’ll find. It’s common knowledge that “God goes against the willful proud; God gives grace to the willing humble.”

Here are but a few scriptures of the Apostle Paul's writings concerning, human nature, and our on going war with the world and The Spirit Of God.

Romans 6:19-23 NLT
19 Because of the weakness of your human nature, I am using the illustration of slavery to help you understand all this. Previously, you let yourselves be slaves to impurity and lawlessness, which led ever deeper into sin. Now you must give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living so that you will become holy.
20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the obligation to do right.
21 And what was the result? You are now ashamed of the things you used to do, things that end in eternal doom.
22 But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God. Now you do those things that lead to holiness and result in eternal life.
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7:14-25 NLT (The Constant Struggle With Sin.)
14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin.
15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.
17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t.
19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.
20 But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.
22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?
25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

Romans 8:1-17 NLT (Living In The Spirit.)
1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
2 And because you belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent His own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving His Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow The Spirit.
5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by The Holy Spirit think about things that please The Spirit.
6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting The Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.
8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.
9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by The Spirit if you have
The Spirit Of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have The Spirit Of Christ living in them do not belong to Him at all.)
10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, The Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.
11 The Spirit Of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, He will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.
13 For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of The Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.
14 For all who are led by The Spirit Of God are children of God.
15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call Him, “Abba, Father.”
16 For His Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.
17 And since we are His children, we are His heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering.

I Corinthians 3:16 KJV
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that The Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Galatians 5:16,17 KJV (Spiritual warfare.)
16 This I say then, Walk in The Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against The Spirit, and The Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

I Peter 2:11 KJV
Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;


The Answer:

James 4:8-10 KJV
8 Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of The Lord, and He shall lift you up.

I Chronicles 4:9,10 NLT
9 There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers...
10 He was the one who prayed to The God Of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.

Psalm 19:12-14 NLT
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalm 141:1-4 NLT
1 O Lord, I am calling to you...
2 Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering.
3 Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.
4 Don’t let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong.

Luke 11:4 KJV
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

John 17:14-17 KJV
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy Truth: thy Word is Truth.