Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bible Lesson: Miracles Of The Old Testament: Success Over The Amalekites


Bible Lesson: Miracles Of The Old Testament: Success Over The Amalekites.

Occasion: War.

Location: Rephidim.

Bible Text:
Exodus 17:8-17 NLT (Israel's success over the Amalekites.)
8 While the people of Israel were still at Rephidim, the warriors of Amalek attacked them. 
9 Moses commanded Joshua, “Choose some men to go out and fight the army of Amalek for us. Tomorrow, I will stand at the top of the hill, holding the staff of God in my hand.”
10 So Joshua did what Moses had commanded and fought the army of Amalek. Meanwhile, Moses, Aaron, and Hur climbed to the top of a nearby hill. 
11 As long as Moses held up the staff in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage. But whenever he dropped his hand, the Amalekites gained the advantage. 
12 Moses’ arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset. 
13 As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of Amalek in battle.
14 After the victory, the Lord instructed Moses, “Write this down on a scroll as a permanent reminder, and read it aloud to Joshua: I will erase the memory of Amalek from under heaven.” 
15 Moses built an altar there and named it Yahweh-Nissi (which means “the Lord is my banner”). 
16 He said, “They have raised their fist against the Lord’s throne, so now the Lord will be at war with Amalek generation after generation.”

The Israelites were on their way to the promised land. On their way through the dessert, the complained and complained. At Marah, they had no water, in the desert, they had nothing to eat, at Rephidim, again, they needed water and so complained. This was called the desert of sin, for a reason. The Israelites, though they saw miracle after miracle, their faith and reliance on Almighty God, was nil, it was so much their habit to grumble, gripe and complain.

Miraculous water from the Mount Sinai Rock, a great miracle.
Often after great blessings come great testings.

Exodus 17:8 NLT
While the people of Israel were still at Rephidim, the warriors of Amalek attacked them. 

A nomadic tribe known as the Amalekites, occupied the Sinai peninsula, and land from southern Palestine to the borders of Egypt. When they saw the vast hoards of Israelites coming they attacked them.

Exodus 17:9 NLT
Moses commanded Joshua, “Choose some men to go out and fight the army of Amalek for us....

Moses plan was the militia of Israel, yes, but more, much more than that his plan was reliance on Almighty God.

Exodus 17:9,10 NLT
9... Tomorrow, I will stand at the top of the hill, holding the staff of God in my hand.”
10 So Joshua did what Moses had commanded and fought the army of Amalek. Meanwhile, Moses, Aaron, and Hur climbed to the top of a nearby hill. 

That shepherds staff, the one so used of God to defeat Pharaoh, and to miraculously provide for the people of God. Moses would hold high the staff.

The staff, the sign to God's people of the power of God, would provide for His people.

Exodus 17:11 NLT
As long as Moses held up the staff in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage. But whenever he dropped his hand, the Amalekites gained the advantage. 

What a message! When we uphold the glory and power of God, we the people of God, have the victory, when we drop that message, we become defeated!

II Corinthians 6:7 NLT
We faithfully preach the truth. God’s power is working in us. We use the weapons of righteousness in the right hand for attack and the left hand for defense.

Exodus 17:12,13 NLT
12 Moses’ arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset. 
13 As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of Amalek in battle.

Man of God, there is a rightful place for you, and it is on "The Rock."
That Rock, is the Lord Jesus Christ!


Exodus 33:21 KJV
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a Rock:

Deuteronomy 32:4 KJV
He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.

I Samuel 2:2 KJV
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any Rock like our God.

II Samuel 22:2 KJV
And he said, The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer;

II Samuel 22:3 KJV
The God of my Rock; in Him will I trust: He is my Shield, and the Horn of my Salvation, my High Tower, and my Refuge, my Saviour; thou savest me from violence.

II Samuel 22:32 KJV
For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a Rock, save our God?

II Samuel 22:47 KJV
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my Rock; and exalted be the God of the Rock of my salvation.

II Samuel 23:3 KJV
The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Psalm 18:2 KJV
The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my Salvation, and my High Tower.

Psalm 18:31 KJV
For who is God save the LORD? or who is a Rock save our God?

Psalm 18:46 KJV
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalm 28:1 KJV
Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my Rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Psalm 31:2 KJV
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong Rock, for an house of defence to save me.

Psalm 31:3 KJV
For thou art my Rock and my Fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 42:9 KJV
I will say unto God my Rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

Psalm 62:2 KJV
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 62:6 KJV
He only is my Rock and my Salvation: He is my Defence; I shall not be moved.

Psalm 62:7 KJV
In God is my salvation and my glory: the Rock of my Strength, and my Refuge, is in God.

Psalm 71:3 KJV
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my Rock and my Fortress.

Psalm 78:35 KJV
And they remembered that God was their Rock, and the High God their Redeemer.

Psalm 89:26 KJV
He shall cry unto Me, Thou art my Father, my God, and the Rock of my Salvation.

Psalm 92:15 KJV
To shew that the LORD is upright: He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Psalm 94:22 KJV
But the LORD is my Defence; and my God is the Rock of my Refuge.

Psalm 95:1 KJV
O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our Salvation.

Isaiah 8:14 KJV
And He shall be for a sanctuary; but for a Stone of stumbling and for a Rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Isaiah 17:10 KJV
Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the Rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips:

Isaiah 51:1 KJV
Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the Rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.


Matthew 16:18 AMP
And I tell you, you are Peter [Greek, Petros—a piece of rock], and on this Rock [Greek, petra—a huge rock like Gibraltar] I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (the powers of the infernal region) shall not overpower it [or be strong to its detriment or hold out against it].

Romans 9:33 KJV

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a Stumblingstone and Rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

I Corinthians 10:4 KJV
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

I Peter 2:6-9 KJV
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief Corner Stone, Elect, Precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe He is Precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the Stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the Head of the Corner,
8 And a Stone of stumbling, and a Rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light;

Stake your foundation, at the cost of family or friends, etc. on the Rock of the church, the Lord Jesus Christ, and for Him stand!

And then too, in this story we can see that no man of God, can do the work of God, …..alone.

There may be great ambition, and abundant energy, but when all is said and done, one alone does not have the power and victory of someone who is up held by others.

Every servant of the Lord, must have those who through their sacrifice and prayer,  without doubt or reservation, “uphold the man of God.”

Homily:
An old story told so many times, yet being true, is never old, or without meaning.
D. L. Moody the great Chicago Pastor was once asked just what was the means of his great power.
He lead them by the hand to the back of the church and down the stairs to the basement, where scores of people were weeping and praying for D. L. Moody's spiritual success, i.e. that souls would be won for the kingdom of God.

Pastor, the first thing you must do in a church, is to find those people who will faithfully pray and uphold you. Then in love and in prayer band together to successfully do the work of God.

What an opportunity for a church member, deacon, or trustee.
"United we stand, divided we fall" Aesop
This certainly is a lesson as well in spiritual victory over the enemy! Our Lord has promised...
Matthew 18:20 KJV
For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

Exodus 17:14-16 NLT
14 After the victory, the Lord instructed Moses, “Write this down on a scroll as a permanent reminder, and read it aloud to Joshua: I will erase the memory of Amalek from under heaven.” 
15 Moses built an altar there and named it Yahweh-Nissi (which means “the Lord is my banner”). 
16 He said, “They have raised their fist against the Lord’s throne, so now the Lord will be at war with Amalek generation after generation.”

Accomplished by King David ( I Samuel 30:16,17).

Yahweh-Nissi, The Lord is my banner.
When Almighty God, is our banner, enemies will be routed, and only victory, will be ahead.

I John 5:4,5 KJV
4 For whatsoever is born of God over cometh the world: and this is the victory that over cometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that over cometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

I Corinthians 15:57,58 KJV
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Salvation Prayer