Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Sunday, January 18, 2015

Communion-How Often?

Bible Questions Answered:
“In our class much division over the subject just how long we may go between receiving communion.
Some say it must be once a week, some say at least once a year...so what should we think here?...”
Trey/ Walsall, England United Kingdom

Bible Answer:
Bible Texts:

Stop here and view the first blog posting on this subject: View A List Of Subjects: Communion/Who/How Often

(Herein lies an incomplete dissertation on the subject of Communion, for a complete study see the new ebook titled “Salvation-We Are Not Afraid” on http://www.amazon.com/ )

To begin our answer, let us begin at the beginning.

Communion the second ordinance of the church, was placed in the church by The Lord Jesus, as a memorial, which He so designated it!

It is to remind one, of the death, burial and resurrection of The Lord Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 15:3,4 KJV
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Communion, does “not,” save anyone, The Lord Jesus Christ and Him alone is The Savior!

Ephesians 2:8,9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is The Gift Of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now herein lies the separation of boys and men. Though, we are not redeemed by any earthly thing or work....

I Peter 1:18,19 KJV
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with The Precious Blood Of Christ, as of A Lamb without blemish and without spot:

Yet, we are “not,” saved, “from,” doing them, for the doing good works, is commanded by our Lord, and so we must!

Matthew 5:16 KJV
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

What is the point? The conclusion is that though not harbingers of salvation themselves, yet they surely speak of the fruits of salvation. Spiritual good works, Ordinances of the church of The Lord Jesus Christ, Baptism, Communion, etc.

John 6:53-56 KJV
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of The Son Of Man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, dwelleth in Me, and I in him.

Believing in, and being obedient to The Lord, brings us spiritual life.

John 6:35,47-51 KJV
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am The Bread Of Life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.
48 I am that Bread Of Life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is The Bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am The Living Bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live for ever: and The Bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Let us go back to the original question, how long may one go without having communion?
The answer lies in the fact that it is a declaration of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

Matthew 26:26-29 KJV
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took Bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is My body.
27 And He took the Cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is My Blood Of The New Testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.

Mark 14:22-26 KJV
22 And as they did eat, Jesus took Bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is My body.
23 And He took the Cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And He said unto them, This is My Blood Of The New Testament, which is shed for many.
25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:19,20 KJV
19 And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is My body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you.

I Corinthians 11:23-26 KJV
23 For I have received of The Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took Bread:
24 And when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me.
25 After the same manner also He took the Cup, when He had supped, saying, this Cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me.
26 For as often as ye eat this Bread, and drink this Cup, ye do shew The Lord's death till He come.

Let us look at Paul's words again!
, ye do shew The Lord's death till He come.”

That is what communion is, it is Confession!
What does the word say regarding confession?

Romans 10:10 KJV
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Confession, not a work that saves, never, but the fruit of a life that is saved by The Blood Of Jesus Christ!

Good spiritual works commanded, not that they save, but are signs of God's child, “being in the vine!”

Ordinance of the church, confession, good spiritual works, yes commanded of EVERY child of God!
No, exceptions.

The Word:

I Peter 3:15 KJV
But sanctify The Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Did you see the answer?
Communion is but one more means of confession, and how often should a child of The Living God, be ready to confess his faith?
As many times, and ways as possible!

Want to demonstrate that God's life flows through you? Then confess, confess, confess your faith!

Homily:
A young suitor would never count the many times or ways he told his loved one, just how much he loved her, never, but he would constantly be thinking of countless new ways of expressing that love, that love that is so great he cannot put them into words.

Selah