Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, June 26, 2014

Job 13:15

Bible Questions Answered:
“Pastor, did the time come for Job when he gave up on life and hope. I see in Job he says “he will slay me; I have no hope; yet I will defend my ways to his face. Any comment on this?”
Ralph/ Newton, New Hampshire (U. S. A.)

Bible Answer:
Bible Text:
Job 13:15 RSV
Behold, He will slay me; I have no hope; yet I will defend my ways to His face.

My, this verse, makes it look as if old Job, had been finally been convinced by his wife.

Job 2:9 KJV
Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.

Job 2:9 MSG
His wife said, “Still holding on to your precious integrity, are you? Curse God and be done with it!”

Had Job, lost the faith?
Here are a few testaments of Job's faith from the first chapter, up until chapter thirteen.

Job 1:4,5; 13-20 NLT
4 Job’s sons would take turns preparing feasts in their homes, and they would also invite their three sisters to celebrate with them.
5 When these celebrations ended—sometimes after several days—Job would purify his children. He would get up early in the morning and offer a burnt offering for each of them. For Job said to himself, “Perhaps my children have sinned and have cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular practice.

13 One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting at the oldest brother’s house,
14 a messenger arrived at Job’s home with this news: “Your oxen were plowing, with the donkeys feeding beside them,
15 when the Sabeans raided us. They stole all the animals and killed all the farmhands. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”
16 While he was still speaking, another messenger arrived with this news: “The fire of God has fallen from heaven and burned up your sheep and all the shepherds. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”
17 While he was still speaking, a third messenger arrived with this news: “Three bands of Chaldean raiders have stolen your camels and killed your servants. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”
18 While he was still speaking, another messenger arrived with this news: “Your sons and daughters were feasting in their oldest brother’s home.
19 Suddenly, a powerful wind swept in from the wilderness and hit the house on all sides. The house collapsed, and all your children are dead. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”
20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.

Job 2:4-10 NLT
4 Satan replied to The Lord, “Skin for skin! A man will give up everything he has to save his life.
5 But reach out and take away his health, and he will surely curse you to your face!”
6 “All right, do with him as you please,” The Lord said to Satan. “But spare his life.”
7 So Satan left The Lord’s presence, and he struck Job with terrible boils from head to foot.
8 Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes.
9 His wife said to him, “Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.”
10 But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.

Job 6:10 NLT
At least I can take comfort in this: Despite the pain, I have not denied the words of The Holy One.

Actually what we have here is that The Revised Standard Version, is a very poor rendering of
Job 13:15.

Here is another “nameless-version,” that also is in error.

Job 13:15 (This version of the Bible has seen revision after revision due to errors, and is not used by The Bible Prayer Line.)
Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him; I will surely defend my ways to His face.

You may read the book of Job from the beginning to the end, and never is Job seen as defiant, or arrogant before God!!

Job 22:29 KJV
"...He shall save the humble person.

In humility Job was saying, no matter what happens to me....

Job 33:9 KJV
I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me.

Here is the beloved King James Version.

Job 13:15 KJV
Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him: but I will maintain mine own ways before Him.

What a difference!

Also:

Job 13:15 CEV
God may kill me, but still I will trust Him and offer my defense.

Job 13:15 LEB
Look, though He kill me, I will hope in Him; however, I will defend my ways before Him.

Job was a man of faith, never did he loose that faith!

Job 13:18 KJV
"...I know that I shall be justified.

Job 35:14 KJV
Although thou sayest thou shalt not see Him ("You say you can’t see Him..."NLT), yet judgment is before Him; therefore trust thou in Him.

Trusting in The Lord:

Psalm 2:12 KJV
"...Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.

Psalm 4:5 KJV
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in The Lord.

Psalm 5:11 KJV
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalm 9:10 KJV
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 18:2,30 KJV
2 The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler (shield), and the horn of my Salvation, and my High tower.
30 As for God, His Way is perfect: The Word Of The Lord is tried: He is a Buckler to all those that trust in Him.

Psalm 20:7 KJV
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of The Lord our God.

Psalm 37:5,40 KJV
5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.
40 And The Lord shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.

Psalm 40:3,4 KJV
3 And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in The Lord.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh The Lord his trust..."

Psalm 56:3 KJV (D.L. Moody's favorite Bible verse.)
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Psalm 62:8 KJV
Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us. Selah.

Psalm 64:10 KJV
The righteous shall be glad in The Lord, and shall trust in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

Psalm 71:5 KJV
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalm 73:28 KJV
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in The Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.

Psalm 91:2,4 KJV
2 I will say of The Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
4 He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalm 115:11 KJV
Ye that fear The Lord, trust in The Lord: He is their Help and their shield.

Psalm 118:8,9 KJV
8 It is better to trust in The Lord than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in The Lord than to put confidence in princes.

Psalm 119:42 KJV
"...I trust in thy word.

Psalm 125:1 KJV
They that trust in The Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.

Psalm 141:8 KJV
But mine eyes are unto thee, O God The Lord: in thee is my trust..."

Psalm 143:8 KJV
Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

Proverbs 29:25 KJV
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in The Lord shall be safe.

Proverbs 30:5 KJV
Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him.

Dear friend, like Job of old, are you trusting in The Lord?
For the Christian, doubts and fears, must be placed under the blood!

II Corinthians 10:5 KJV
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

And also remember...

I John 4:18 KJV
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Proverbs 3:5,6 KJV
5 Trust in The Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.