Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, November 26, 2015

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: Nehemiah Intercedes For The Remnant In Captivity.

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: Nehemiah Intercedes For The Remnant In Captivity.

Bible Text:

Nehemiah 1:1-11 NLT These are the memoirs of Nehemiah son of Hacaliah.

(Nehemiah’s Concern for Jerusalem.)

1 In late autumn, in the month of Kislev, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes’ reign, I was at the fortress of Susa.
2 Hanani, one of my brothers, came to visit me with some other men who had just arrived from Judah. I asked them about the Jews who had returned there from captivity and about how things were going in Jerusalem.
3 They said to me, “Things are not going well for those who returned to the province of Judah. They are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem has been torn down, and the gates have been destroyed by fire.”
4 When I heard this, I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to
The God Of Heaven.
5 Then I said, “O Lord, God Of Heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps His covenant of unfailing love with those who love Him and obey His commands,
6 listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel. I confess that we have sinned against you. Yes, even my own family and I have sinned!
7 We have sinned terribly by not obeying the commands, decrees, and regulations that you gave us through your servant Moses.
8 “Please remember what you told your servant Moses: ‘If you are unfaithful to Me, I will scatter you among the nations.
9 But if you return to Me and obey My commands and live by them, then even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for My name to be honored.’
10 “The people you rescued by your great power and strong hand are your servants.
11 O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me.”
In those days I was the king’s cup-bearer.

Nehemiah was a Jewish man who had a high position in the Persian court, a cup bearer to King Artaxerxes of Persia, with whom, many think was Queen Esther.

There was always a constant flow of information from the Jews of Palestine, and in this case the news came from Nehemiah's own brother, Hanani. And the news was not good, all of sacked Jerusalem was in ruins, and that was to be expected to some extent, but it was now some 20 years after Persian rule, and many were in Jerusalem, and yet the city and its walls were yet in a state of destruction.

Nehemiah, prayed to The Lord for divine favor as he would go to the King and beg to return to his homeland and restore, Solomon's house (Royal palace), the wall of the city, and the Temple.

Nehemiah's prayer of confession of personal and national sin, and his desire to restore Jerusalem.

5 Then I said, “O Lord, God Of Heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps His covenant of unfailing love with those who love Him and obey His commands,
6 listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel. I confess that we have sinned against you. Yes, even my own family and I have sinned!
7 We have sinned terribly by not obeying the commands, decrees, and regulations that you gave us through your servant Moses.
8 “Please remember what you told your servant Moses: ‘If you are unfaithful to Me, I will scatter you among the nations.
9 But if you return to Me and obey My commands and live by them, then even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for My name to be honored.’
10 “The people you rescued by your great power and strong hand are your servants.
11 O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me.”
.
II Chronicles 7:14 KJV
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

And what was the result of Nehemiah's intercession?

Nehemiah 2:1-10 NLT
(Nehemiah Goes to Jerusalem.)

1 Early the following spring, in the month of Nisan, during the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes’ reign, I was serving the king his wine. I had never before appeared sad in his presence.
2 So the king asked me, “Why are you looking so sad? You don’t look sick to me. You must be deeply troubled.” Then I was terrified,
3 but I replied, “Long live the king! How can I not be sad? For the city where my ancestors are buried is in ruins, and the gates have been destroyed by fire.”
4 The king asked, “Well, how can I help you?” With a prayer to the God of heaven,
5 I replied, “If it please the king, and if you are pleased with me, your servant, send me to Judah to rebuild the city where my ancestors are buried.”
6 The king, with the queen sitting beside him, asked, “How long will you be gone? When will you return?” After I told him how long I would be gone, the king agreed to my request.
7 I also said to the king, “If it please the king, let me have letters addressed to the governors of the province west of the Euphrates River, instructing them to let me travel safely through their territories on my way to Judah.
8 And please give me a letter addressed to Asaph, the manager of the king’s forest, instructing him to give me timber. I will need it to make beams for the gates of the Temple fortress, for the city walls, and for a house for myself.” And the king granted these requests, because the gracious hand of God was on me.
9 When I came to the governors of the province west of the Euphrates River, I delivered the king’s letters to them. The king, I should add, had sent along army officers and horsemen to protect me.
And Nehemiah, blessed by The Living God, who hears and answers prayer, rebuilt the gates of Jerusalem and its walls, despite hardships and enemy oppositions.

“There can be no victory until a battle is fought.”

II Samuel 22:1-51 NLT (David’s Song of Praise)
1 David sang this song to The Lord on the day The Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul.
2 He sang: “The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Savior;
3 my God is my Rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my Shield, the Power that saves me,
and my Place Of Safety.
He is my Refuge, my Savior,
the one who saves me from violence.
4 I called on The Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and He saved me from my enemies.
5 “The waves of death overwhelmed me;
floods of destruction swept over me.
6 The grave wrapped its ropes around me;
death laid a trap in my path.
7 But in my distress I cried out to The Lord;
yes, I cried to my God for help.
He heard me from His sanctuary;
my cry reached His ears.
8 “Then the earth quaked and trembled.
The foundations of the heavens shook;
they quaked because of His anger.
9 Smoke poured from His nostrils;
fierce flames leaped from His mouth.
Glowing coals blazed forth from Him.
10 He opened the heavens and came down;
dark storm clouds were beneath His feet.
11 Mounted on a mighty angelic being, He flew,
soaring on the wings of the wind.
12 He shrouded Himself in darkness,
veiling His approach with dense rain clouds.
13 A great brightness shone around Him,
and burning coals blazed forth.
14 The Lord thundered from heaven;
the voice of The Most High resounded.
15 He shot arrows and scattered His enemies;
His lightning flashed, and they were confused.
16 Then at the command of The Lord,
at the blast of His breath,
the bottom of the sea could be seen,
and the foundations of the earth were laid bare.
17 “He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
He drew me out of deep waters.
18 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
19 They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
but The Lord supported me.
20 He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me.
21 The Lord rewarded me for doing right;
He restored me because of my innocence.
22 For I have kept the ways of The Lord;
I have not turned from my God to follow evil.
23 I have followed all His regulations;
I have never abandoned His decrees.
24 I am blameless before God;
I have kept myself from sin.
25 The Lord rewarded me for doing right.
He has seen my innocence.
26 “To the faithful you show yourself faithful;
to those with integrity you show integrity.
27 To the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.
28 You rescue the humble,
but your eyes watch the proud and humiliate them.
29 O Lord, you are my Lamp.
The Lord Lights up my darkness.
30 In your strength I can crush an army;
with my God I can scale any wall.
31 “God’s way is perfect.
All The Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a Shield for all who look to Him for protection.
32 For who is God except The Lord?
Who but our God is a solid Rock?
33 God is my Strong Fortress,
and He makes my way perfect.
34 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
35 He trains my hands for battle;
He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
36 You have given me your shield of victory;
your help has made me great.
37 You have made a wide path for my feet
to keep them from slipping.
38 “I chased my enemies and destroyed them;
I did not stop until they were conquered.
39 I consumed them;
I struck them down so they did not get up;
they fell beneath my feet.
40 You have armed me with strength for the battle;
you have subdued my enemies under my feet.
41 You placed my foot on their necks.
I have destroyed all who hated me.
42 They looked for help, but no one came to their rescue.
They even cried to The Lord, but He refused to answer.
43 I ground them as fine as the dust of the earth;
I trampled them in the gutter like dirt.
44 “You gave me victory over my accusers.
You preserved me as the ruler over nations;
people I don’t even know now serve me.
45 Foreign nations cringe before me;
as soon as they hear of me, they submit.
46 They all lose their courage
and come trembling from their strongholds.
47 “The Lord lives! Praise to my Rock!
May God, The Rock Of My Salvation, be exalted!
48 He is the God who pays back those who harm me;
He brings down the nations under me
49 and delivers me from my enemies.
You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies;
you save me from violent opponents.
50 For this, O Lord, I will praise you among the nations;
I will sing praises to your name.
51 You give great victories to your king;
you show unfailing love to your anointed,
to David and all his descendants forever.”

Nehemiah prayed and he was victorious!
Are you, interceding for someone? “There can be no victory until a battle is fought.”

Luke 19:41,42 KJV (Jesus weeps and prays over Jerusalem.)
41 But as He came closer to Jerusalem and saw the city ahead, He began to weep.
42 “How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace..."

Luke 22:32 KJV (The Lord speaks to Simon Peter.)
"... I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not..."

John 17:20 KJV (Lord's Prayer.)
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;

Who are you interceding for?
“Pastor, don't you realize that's the job of the Priest/ Pastor?”

Yes, that is true, but it is also the calling that you and I have as well!

Job 16:21 NLT (Job's prayer)
21 I need someone to mediate between God and me, as a person mediates between friends.
22 For soon I must go down that road from which I will never return.

Joel 2:17 NLT
Let the priests, who minister in The Lord’s presence, stand and weep between the entry room to the Temple and the altar. Let them pray, “Spare your people, Lord!.."

Acts 12:5-12 NLT (Read the whole story 1-17.)
5 But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.
6 The night before Peter was to be placed on trial, he was asleep, fastened with two chains between two soldiers. Others stood guard at the prison gate.
7 Suddenly, there was a bright light in the cell, and an Angel Of The Lord stood before Peter.
The Angel struck him on the side to awaken him and said, “Quick! Get up!” And the chains fell off his wrists.
8 Then The Angel told him, “Get dressed and put on your sandals.” And he did. “Now put on your coat and follow me,” The Angel ordered.
9 So Peter left the cell, following The Angel. But all the time he thought it was a vision. He didn’t realize it was actually happening.
10 They passed the first and second guard posts and came to the iron gate leading to the city, and this opened for them all by itself. So they passed through and started walking down the street, and then
The Angel suddenly left him.
11 Peter finally came to his senses. “It’s really true!” he said. “The Lord has sent His Angel and saved me from Herod and from what the Jewish leaders had planned to do to me!”
12 When he realized this, he went to the home of Mary, the mother of John Mark, where many were gathered for prayer.

Romans 1:9 KJV
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Ephesians 1:15,16 KJV
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in The Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

Ephesians 3:14-19 NLT
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,
15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
16 I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit.
17 Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.
19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Ephesians 6:18 NLT
Pray in The Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Philippians 1:3,4 KJV
3 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
4 Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy,

Colossians 1:3 KJV
We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 4:12,13 KJV
12 Epaphras, a member of your own fellowship and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you his greetings. He always prays earnestly for you, asking God to make you strong and perfect, fully confident that you are following the whole will of God.
13 I can assure you that he prays hard for you and also for the believers in Laodicea and Hierapolis.

I Thessalonians 1:2,3 KJV
2 We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly.
3 As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I Timothy 2:1 KJV
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

James 5:16 KJV
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Dear friend, keep praying!