Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bible Lesson: Parables-Our Lord's- The Lost Sheep

Bible Lesson: Parables-Our Lord's
Parable: The Lost Sheep

Text:
Luke 15:1-7 KJV
1 Then drew near unto Him all the publicans and sinners for to hear Him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3 And He spake this parable unto them, saying,
4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

The claim of the Pharisees was, “...This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them,” and they were correct.

Were would we be if He did not?

Revelation 3:20 KJV

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.

John 6:37 KJV
All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.

People in this parable are referred to as sheep, common in scripture.

Psalm 100:3 KJV
Know ye that the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.

Isaiah 53:6 KJV
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD (God the Father) hath laid on Him (Christ Jesus, His Son) the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 53:6 Septuagint Bible
All we as sheep have gone astray; every one has gone astray in his way; and the Lord gave Him up for our sins.

Men and women are like sheep, because, they easily get lost, need guidance, protection, pasture, and a shepherd.

Luke 15:20 (Parable of the Prodigal Son.)
And he arose, and came to his father. (A sinners call to his heavenly Father.)
But when he was yet a great way off, (Our God, ever listening, ever searching for His children.)
his father saw him,
and had compassion,
and ran,
and fell on his neck,
and kissed him.

John 3:15,16 KJV
15 That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 10:28 KJV
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.

Hebrews 7:25 KJV
Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.

One of the gravest sins of all, is self-righteousness.

Psalm 130:3 KJV
Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?

Proverbs 12:15 KJV
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 30:12 KJV
There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 KJV
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Isaiah 14:13-15 KJV
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Obadiah 4 KJV
Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.

Matthew 9:10-13 KJV
10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.
11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12 But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Matthew 23:12 KJV
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Romans 3:19 KJV
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

II Corinthians 10:12 NLT
Oh, don’t worry; we wouldn’t dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!

Despite the “feelings,” of humanity, despite its intellectualism, ingenuity, and ritualistic piety, mankind is lost, lost in sin.

Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 14:12 KJV
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Matthew 7:13 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Ephesians 2:8,9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.


Oh the love of the Shepherd!

Psalm 23:1-6 NLT
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.
4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

Isaiah 40:11 KJV
He will feed His flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.

John 10:11 KJV
I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.

Hebrews 13:20,21 KJV
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that
Great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I Peter 2:25 KJV
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Romans 2:4 KJV
"...the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance"

Our Great Shepherd, rejoices over finding a lost lamb, and He is not alone...

Luke 15:7 KJV
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Friend, this Great Shepherd, calls your name, He knows how far away, out on the hills, you are. He knows your pain, and loneliness.
Call out to Him today.

Acts 2:21 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isaiah 44:22 KJV
I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.

Salvation Prayer