Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Monday, August 31, 2009

Bible Questions Answered: Death-Never See

Bible Questions Answered:
Bro. A fellow that I listen to, says that believers will never see death, but this doesn't seem right.
Kody/ Rochester, United Kingdom

Bible Answers:

John 8:51 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

As in all Biblical cases, we cannot interpret this verse without knowing it's proper context.

John 8:31-58 NLT
31 Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, “You are truly My disciples if you remain faithful to My teachings.
32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.”
33 “But we are descendants of Abraham,” they said. “We have never been slaves to anyone. What do you mean, ‘You will be set free’?”
34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin.
35 A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever.
36 So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.
37 Yes, I realize that you are descendants of Abraham. And yet some of you are trying to kill Me because there’s no room in your hearts for My message.
38 I am telling you what I saw when I was with My Father. But you are following the advice of your father.”
39 “Our father is Abraham!” they declared. “No,” Jesus replied, “for if you were really the children of Abraham, you would follow his example.
40 Instead, you are trying to kill Me because I told you the truth, which I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing.
41 No, you are imitating your real father.” They replied, “We aren’t illegitimate children! God Himself is our true Father.”
42 Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on My own, but He sent Me.
43 Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear Me!
44 For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45 So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe Me!
46 Which of you can truthfully accuse Me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe Me?
47 Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.”
48 The people retorted, “You Samaritan devil! Didn’t we say all along that you were possessed by a demon?”
49 “No,” Jesus said, “I have no demon in Me. For I honor My Father—and you dishonor Me.
50 And though I have no wish to glorify Myself, God is going to glorify Me. He is the true judge.

51 I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys My teaching will never die!”

52 The people said, “Now we know you are possessed by a demon. Even Abraham and the prophets died, but you say, ‘Anyone who obeys My teaching will never die!’ 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?”
54 Jesus answered, “If I want glory for Myself, it doesn’t count. But it is My Father who will glorify Me. You say, ‘He is our God,’
55 but you don’t even know Him. I know Him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know Him and obey Him.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to My coming. He saw it and was glad.”
57 The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?”
58 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”
59 At that point they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.

Please notice verses 33 and, 34..

33 “But we are descendants of Abraham,” they said. “We have never been slaves to anyone. What do you mean, ‘You will be set free’?”
34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. 35 A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever.

The Jews, knew nothing but servitude, presently they were under Roman rule.
Their fathers had come from Egypt and Egyptian rule, not to mention Babylonian and Syrian rule.

Be that as it may, they were not slaves, as such, Christ was speaking, not just metaphorically, but spiritually!
The Jews, being of their father the devil, were “slaves,” to him and to sin.
Of this contextual interpretation, there is no dispute.

And it is exactly again by this spiritual analogy through which Christ wishes to encourage His people!

John 8:51 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Spiritually speaking, His people will never see “spiritual,” death.

The Word of God, concerning “spiritual death.”

Genesis 2:17 KJV
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Proverbs 21:16 KJV
The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

Ezekiel 18:20 KJV
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die..."

Matthew 8:22 KJV
But Jesus said unto him, Follow Me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Luke 15:32 KJV
It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Luke 6:53 KJV (Christ was speaking-metamorphically-spiritually, as He was not even dead yet! How easy it is to misinterpret the Word of God!)
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.
(That is being in communion, spiritually with Him)

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:6 KJV
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Ephesians 2:1 KJV
And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 5:14 KJV
Wherefore He saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Colossians 2:13 KJV
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

I Timothy 5:6 KJV
But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.

James 1:15 KJV
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

James 5:20 KJV
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Revelation 3:1 KJV
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There is no spiritual death for the children of God.

Psalm 23:4 KJV
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Proverbs 14:32 KJV
The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

Isaiah 25:8 KJV
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

John 10:17,18 KJV
[17] Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.
[18] No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My Father.

I Corinthians 15:51-58 KJV
[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
[55] O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
[56] The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
[57] But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
[58] Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

I Thessolonians 4:13-18 NLT
13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope.
14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with Him the believers who have died.
15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet Him ahead of those who have died.
16 For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.
17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
18 So encourage each other with these words.

II Timothy 1:10 KJV
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Revelation 21:4 KJV
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

John 8:51 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

What encouragement to the children of God, who are not slaves, but sons and daughters!

34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin.
35 A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever.
36 So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.

Do you know the Saviour?

Romans 5:6-9 KJV
[6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
[7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
[8] But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
[9] Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

See, The Bible Prayer Line - “View a list of subjects” Bible Lessons: Salvation Prayer