Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bible Questions Answered: Second Chance Salvation

Bible Questions Answered:

You say, you do not believe in a second chance salvation after death, you obviously do not read the Bible, because Peter plainly states that the dead have the gospel preached to them!
Alexander T./ Brooklyn, New York

Bible Answers:
The scripture to which you refer is...

I Peter 4:1-6 KJV
[1] Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
[2] That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
[3] For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
[4] Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
[5] Who shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
[6] For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.


Peter doesn't say the gospel was preached to those who “were dead,” but to those who “are-now-dead.”

Meaning that the gospel was preached to them while they were yet alive.


I Peter 4:1-6 NLT
1 So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin.
2 You won't spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.
3 You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy—their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols.
4 Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you.
5 But remember that they will have to face God, who will judge everyone, both the living and the dead.
6 That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead—so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit.

We also find a similar statement in....

I Peter 3:18-20 KJV
[18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
[19] By which (in the Spirit) also He went and preached unto the spirits in (now in) prison;
[20] Which sometime were disobedient (past tense), when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

By the power of the Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus Christ, preached to the people of Noah's day (before the flood.)

He did that “By the Spirit,” through his servant Noah.

I Peter 3:18-20 NASV
18.For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit ;
19.in which (the power of the Holy Spirit) also He went and made proclamation to the spirits (who are ) now in prison, (Through His servant Noah.)
20.who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.

In John 14:1-11 KJV Here our Lord, tells Thomas, that the Father had been speaking to him, though he was unaware of it.
[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
[4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
[5] Thomas saith unto Him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
[7] If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.
[
8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[
9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
[
10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
[
11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The eternal Son of God was in Noah, the servant of God, warning the people, of coming judgment, one hundred and twenty years before the flood, though they were unaware of Him.

No, there is no such thing as “second chance salvation!”

Many people would love to live for the devil in this life and repent in the next, what an insult to God, and any thinking individual, that God should be so stupid.

Hebrews 9:27 KJV
[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: