Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, June 6, 2008

Bible Questions Answered: Command Ye Me

Bible Questions Answered:
I know a group of people, who say we are to command God, to do things. Is this right?
Albin S. / Paisley, UK

Bible Answers:
The scripture to which you refer is...

Isaiah 45:11 KJV
[11] Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and His Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

But let us look at the context of this verse...

Isaiah 45:5-12 KJV
[5] I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
[6] That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
[8] Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.


[9] Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth.

A)
Shall the clay say to Him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

[10] Woe unto him that saith unto his father,

B)
What begettest thou? or to the woman,

C)
What hast thou brought forth?

[11] Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

[12] I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Verse 11, is really a charge against Israel's sin. How far would Israel go in their murmuring against God?

Would they indeed, Command God, the Creator of the Universe?

Three interrogatives are listed before verse 11, found in verses 9,10.

Verse 11, is verily well translated as one more action of a rebellious people, which questions the Living God.

Other translations ....

Isaiah 45:11 NIV
This is what the LORD says—the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
Concerning things to come,do you question me about my children,
or give me orders about the work of my hands?”

Isaiah 45:11 NLT
This is what the LORD says—
the Holy One of Israel and your Creator:
"Do you question what I do for my children?
Do you give me orders about the work of my hands?”

Isaiah 45:11 NeXt
This is what the Lord says,the Holy One of Israel, the one who formed Him,
concerning things to come:

How dare you question me about my children!
How dare you tell me what to do with the work of my own hands!”

So, we see, God is not telling individuals to command Him, how on the contrary, why the very idea is an evil presumption!

To say the least it is the very beginning of blasphemy!
Israel's sin, lead to captivity. Captivity was the reward of their rebellion.

It would do us all well to read again...

Hebrews 10:31 KJV
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Philippians 2:12 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear (Phobos: Alarm, freight.) and trembling.”

Acts 9:31 KJV
' Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.”

Luke 21:36 KJV
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”