Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, October 17, 2015

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: “Elijah Prays For The Widow's Son, To Be Restored To Life.

Bible Lesson: Intercessory Prayer: “Elijah Prays For The Widow's Son, To Be Restored To Life.

Bible Text:

I Kings 17:8-24 NLT (The Widow at Zarephath.)
8 Then The Lord said to Elijah,
9 “Go and live in the village of Zarephath, near the city of Sidon. I have instructed a widow there to feed you.”
10 So he went to Zarephath. As he arrived at the gates of the village, he saw a widow gathering sticks, and he asked her, “Would you please bring me a little water in a cup?”
11 As she was going to get it, he called to her, “Bring me a bite of bread, too.”
12 But she said, “I swear by The Lord your God that I don’t have a single piece of bread in the house. And I have only a handful of flour left in the jar and a little cooking oil in the bottom of the jug. I was just gathering a few sticks to cook this last meal, and then my son and I will die.”
13 But Elijah said to her, “Don’t be afraid! Go ahead and do just what you’ve said, but make a little bread for me first. Then use what’s left to prepare a meal for yourself and your son.
14 For this is what The Lord, The God Of Israel, says: There will always be flour and olive oil left in your containers until the time when The Lord sends rain and the crops grow again!”
15 So she did as Elijah said, and she and Elijah and her family continued to eat for many days.
16 There was always enough flour and olive oil left in the containers, just as The Lord had promised through Elijah.
17 Some time later the woman’s son became sick. He grew worse and worse, and finally he died.
18 Then she said to Elijah, “O man of God, what have you done to me? Have you come here to point out my sins and kill my son?”
19 But Elijah replied, “Give me your son.” And he took the child’s body from her arms, carried him up the stairs to the room where he was staying, and laid the body on his bed.
20 Then Elijah cried out to The Lord, “O Lord my God, why have you brought tragedy to this widow who has opened her home to me, causing her son to die?”
21 And he stretched himself out over the child three times and cried out to The Lord, “O Lord my God, please let this child’s life return to him.”
22 The Lord heard Elijah’s prayer, and the life of the child returned, and he revived!
23 Then Elijah brought him down from the upper room and gave him to his mother. “Look!” he said. “Your son is alive!”
24 Then the woman told Elijah, “Now I know for sure that you are a man of God, and that T Lord truly speaks through you.”

Luke 4:23-26 NLT
23 Then He said, “You will undoubtedly quote Me this proverb: ‘Physician, heal yourself’—meaning, ‘Do miracles here in your hometown like those you did in Capernaum.’
24 But I tell you The Truth, no prophet is accepted in his own hometown.
25 “Certainly there were many needy widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the heavens were closed for three and a half years, and a severe famine devastated the land.
26 Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them. He was sent instead to a foreigner—a widow of Zarephath in the land of Sidon.

The widow of Zarephath, was a woman of faith, Elijah was The Lord's faithful servant.
Never are we so close to defeat, as after a great victory, it was so with Elijah ( I Kings 19), and now true of this widow. She and her son had plenty after blessing the man of God, but now, what good was food, if her son lay dead?

A widow needed her son to take care of her in her old age, for certainly there would be no one else.
Our Lord, well understood this (Luke 7:11-17).

I Kings 17:18 NLT
Then she said to Elijah, “O man of God, what have you done to me? Have you come here to point out my sins and kill my son?”

The Widow of Zarephath, had an intercessor, that was a man of God, Elijah.

I Kings 17:19-21 NLT
19 But Elijah replied, “Give me your son.” And he took the child’s body from her arms, carried him up the stairs to the room where he was staying, and laid the body on his bed.
20 Then Elijah cried out to The Lord, “O Lord my God, why have you brought tragedy to this widow who has opened her home to me, causing her son to die?”
21 And he stretched himself out over the child three times and cried out to The Lord, “O Lord my God, please let this child’s life return to him.”

Some dear poor soul in the church, has said, “This must be the first case ever of resuscitation.”
What was it James said....

James 1:5-8 KJV
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of The Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Why did the young mans life return to him?

I Kings 17:22 NLT
The Lord heard Elijah’s prayer, and the life of the child returned, and he revived!

The Lord heard Elijah's prayer and honored his faith, and brought the young man back to life.

Matthew 17:20 KJV
And Jesus said unto them...verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Romans 10:17 KJV
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Answered prayer, this is why we as Christians, must hear The Word, and read The Word, so that our faith will grow and be strong.

Do you intercede for anyone? Have your prayers made the difference in any ones life?
Do you have a prayer list?

Our God, calls us to intercede for those we know! Has He heard your prayers?

Our God Hears And Answers Prayer:

Joshua 10:14 KJV
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that The Lord hearkened unto the voice of a man: for The Lord fought for Israel.

Nehemiah 9:27 KJV
in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them

I Chronicles 16:11 KJV
Seek The Lord and His strength, seek His face continually.

Nehemiah 9:27 KJV
in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them

Job 22:27 KJV
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto Him, and He shall hear thee..."

Psalm 6:9 KJV
The Lord hath heard my supplication; The Lord will receive my prayer.

Psalm 55:17 KJV
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice.

Psalm 65:2 KJV
O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

Psalm 66:19 KJV
But verily God hath heard me; He hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

Psalm 88:1,2 KJV
1 O lord God of my Salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
2 Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;

Psalm 91:15 KJV
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him.

Psalm 99:6,8 KJV
6 "...they called upon the Lord, and he answered them.
8 Thou answeredst them, O Lord our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them..."

Psalm 102:17 KJV
He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.

Psalm 122:6 KJV
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Proverbs 15:8,29 KJV
8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to The Lord: but the prayer of the upright is His delight.
29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but He heareth the prayer of the righteous.

Isaiah 38:5 KJV
...I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears...”

Isaiah 56:7 KJV
"... for Mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Isaiah 58:9 KJV
Then shalt thou call, and The Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and He shall say, Here I am...:"

Isaiah 65;24 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Jeremiah 29:13 KJV
And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 33:3 KJV
Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Zechariah 13:9 KJV
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Joel 2:32 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of The Lord shall be delivered..."

Matthew 5:44 KJV
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 6:6 KJV
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 7:7,8 KJV
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 18:19,20 KJV
19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of My Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matthew 21:22 KJV
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Matthew 26:41 KJV
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Mark 11:24,25 KJV
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Luke 11:9,10 KJV
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Luke 18:1,7,8 KJV
1 And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
7 "...don’t you think God will surely give justice to His chosen people who cry out to Him day and night? Will He keep putting them off?
8 I tell you, He will grant justice to them quickly! But when The Son Of Man returns, how many will He find on the earth who have faith?”

Luke 21:36 KJV
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before The Son Of Man.

John 14:13,14 KJV
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that The Father may be glorified in The Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.

John 15:7,16 KJV
7 If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of The Father in My name, He may give it you.

John 16:23,24 KJV
23 And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask
The Father in My name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Romans 10:12 KJV
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him.

Ephesians 2:18 KJV
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit unto The Father.

Ephesians 6:18 KJV
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in The Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Philippians 4:6 NLT
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.

Colossians 4:2 NLT
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

I Thessalonians 5:17 KJV
Pray without ceasing.

I Timothy 2:8 KJV
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Hebrews 4:16 KJV
Let us therefore come boldly unto The Throne Of Grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 10:19 KJV
Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by The Blood Of Jesus,

James 1:6 KJV
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

James 4:8 KJV
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you

James 5:13-16 KJV
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of The Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and The Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I Peter 4:7 KJV
But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

I John 3:22 KJV
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

I John 5:14,15 KJV
14 And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:
15 And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

Revelation 8:3-5 NLT (Prayers heard and kept)
3 Then another angel with a gold incense burner came and stood at the altar. And a great amount of incense was given to him to mix with the prayers of God’s people as an offering on the gold altar before the throne.
4 The smoke of the incense, mixed with the prayers of God’s holy people, ascended up to God from the altar where the angel had poured them out.
5 Then the angel filled the incense burner with fire from the altar..."