Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bible Questions Answered: Paul And The Lion

Bible Questions Answered:
When did Apostle Paul face the lions?
Gabriele/ Soverato, Italy

Bible Answer:

You are referring to the scripture...
II Timothy 4:17 KJV
Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

This verse, believed, by most theologians, is not a direct case of the Apostle being flung to the lions, but is a metamorphic example of how he personally had encountered the roaring madness of the evil one, through many enemies, and sorrows (Not forgetting the terror of Roman Emperor Nero.)

I Peter 5:8 KJV
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

In this chapter, itself, the Apostle mentions Alexander, the coppersmith.

II Timothy 4:14,15 NLT (Paul's warnings to Timothy.)
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm, but the Lord will judge him for what he has done.
15 Be careful of him, for he fought against everything we said.

And then again there was the roaring lion of the Apostle's first Roman hearing, and having no witnesses to stand for him, because all had forsaken him.

II Timothy 4:16 NLT
The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them.

II Timothy 4:9 NLT
9 Timothy, please come as soon as you can.
10 Demas has deserted me because he loves the things of this life and has gone to Thessalonica...

Demas, once a fellow worker in ministry with the Apostle.

Colossians 4:14 KJV
Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Philemon 24 KJV
Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellow labourers.

Tradition has it that Demas, having forsaken the Apostle, soon thereafter forsook the things of God and became a priest in a heathen temple at Thessalonica.

And others had left Paul, assuming their duties:

II Timothy 4:10 NLT
“...Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus has gone to Dalmatia.”

Though in his persecution and abandonment, the Apostle could yet say...

II Timothy 4:17,18 KJV
17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

What encouraging words by the beloved Apostle Paul, and they are true for every Christian!
Are you facing the lion today? Take comfort in the wonderful promises of our living God.

Genesis 28:15 KJV (God's promise to Jacob.)
"And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest..."

Exodus 33:14 KJV (God's promise to Moses)
And He said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Deuteronomy 20:1 KJV (Moses to God's people)
When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 33:27 KJV
The Eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee..."

Joshua 1:5,6 KJV (God's promise to Joshua)
5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6 Be strong and of a good courage...”

II Samuel 22:1-4 KJV
1 And David spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
2 And he said, The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer;
3 The God of my Rock; in Him will I trust: He is my Shield, and the Horn of my Salvation, my High Tower, and my Refuge, my Saviour; thou savest me from violence.
4 I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 18:35 KJV
Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

Psalm 28:7 KJV
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped:
therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.

Isaiah 41:10 KJV
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.

Isaiah 43:1-3 KJV
1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob (God's child), and He that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour..."

Isaiah 46:4 NLT
I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

John 14:16-18 KJV (Jesus)
16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Hebrews 13:5,6 KJV
5...for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.