Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, February 3, 2012

Castaway


Bible Questions Answered:
“Why did Paul say he feared being a castaway?”
Sheila/ Berlin, Germany

Bible Answer:


Bible Text:
I Corinthians 9:25-27 KJV
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I Corinthians 9:25-27 RSV
25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 
26 Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; 
27 but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. 

I Corinthians 9:24-27 NLT
24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 
25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 
26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 
27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

If any age has ever seen this fulfilled, certainly it is our day.
Whether a person is a mister or not, one's calling does not save him.

The Apostle Paul, who has written no less than 14 books of our New Testament, and who preached and taught the Word of God, knew well, that his own standing with God, was not based upon what he had or would do for others!

It would always be based upon his own personal commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 9:27 KJV
 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

How many a dear saint has forgotten those words, and found them selves as Paul has said, a castaway.
A minister of God, more, yes more than any others, must be someone who constantly is a person of prayer, fasting, and Bible reading with personal witnessing.

No one is “saved,” by his or her deeds.
Ephesians 2:8,9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works (including religious works/ed), lest any man should boast.

Could a person preach from the Bible and be lost?
Yes, if that person never had received the Lord Jesus Christ as their own personal Saviour and Lord of their life!

We live in a world where seminaries send out those who (seemingly) are ready to teach the Word, and yet who have no personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Be sure to always judge people and or their teaching by “Thus saith the Lord.”

And be sure to pray for you pastor, as a congregant this is your duty!
Surely if anyone is under the attack of the enemy, it is the person who fearlessly teaches the Word of God.
And always remind your pastor that you are always praying for him, to be sure, he is praying for you!

So what is the Apostle saying, he is saying, yes I'm involved with the Lord's work, but I must be careful  myself , to know just where I stand with the Lord.
And of course this is what all of us must do constantly.

Hebrews 2:1-3 KJV (Apostle Paul)
1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation..."

Indeed, preacher, priest, or prelate, one shall not escape, if we do not constantly keep in spiritual training.

I Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT
25 “...athletes are disciplined in their training.”
26 “...I run with purpose in every step.”
27 “...I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should.

And of course it goes without saying that the Apostle here was not referring to the physical, but rather his spiritual life!

Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Ephesians 6:18 KJV
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Luke 2:36,37 KJV
36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

Romans 10:9-11 KJV
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

Psalm 17:5 KJV
(Oh Lord) “Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.”