Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, March 18, 2011

Bible Questions Answered: Poor In Spirit

Bible Questions Answered:
How do you get poor in the spirit?
Lori/ Atlanta, Georgia

Bible Answer:

Bible Text:

Matthew 5:3 (The Beatitudes)
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

To be poor in spirit, is to be humble before God and man.
Humility: State or quality of being humble; absence of pride or self-assertion.
(New Word Dictionary)


Opposite of humility is sinful pride and spiritual arrogance.

Proverbs 16:18 KJV
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Matthew 9:22,23 KJV
12 But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I John 2:16 KJV
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Revelation 3:14-17 KJV
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:


Humility:

Psalm 40:17 KJV
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Psalm 70:5 KJV
But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

Proverbs 16:19 KJV
Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 22:4 KJV
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honor, and life.

Proverbs 29:23 KJV
A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Isaiah 41:17 KJV
When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Micah 6:8 KJV
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Matthew 18:4 KJV
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
28 Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Luke 14:10,11 KJV
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke 22:24-27 NLT
24 Then they began to argue among themselves about who would be the greatest among them.
25 Jesus told them, “In this world the kings and great men lord it over their people, yet they are called ‘friends of the people.’
26 But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant.
27 Who is more important, the one who sits at the table or the one who serves? The one who sits at the table, of course. But not here! For I am among you as one who serves.

John 13:5 KJV
After that He poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith He was girded.

Romans 12:3,16 KJV
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought
to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

II Corinthians 6:10 KJV
As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Philippians 2:8 KJV
And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

James 2:5 KJV
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath promised to them that love Him?

James 4:6,10 KJV
6 But He giveth more grace. Wherefore He saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.

I Peter 5:5,6 KJV
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time:

Revelation 2:9 KJV
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.


Promises to the poor in spirit:

Psalm 10:12,17 KJV
12 Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.
17 LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

Psalm 22:26 KJV
The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever.

Psalm 68:10 KJV
Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.

Psalm 132:15 KJV
I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.

Proverbs 3:34 KJV
Surely He scorneth the scorners: but He giveth grace unto the lowly.

Isaiah 57:15 KJV
For thus saith the high and Lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isaiah 61:1 KJV
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isaiah 66:2 KJV
For all those things hath Mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word.

Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.