Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bible Questions Answered: Addictions

Bible Questions Answered:
What can a person do to stop the drinking habit?
Gerald/ Vancouver, British Columbia – Canada

Bible Answers:
Perhaps no day, has ever been so enslaving as the day in which we, live. Addictions of every sort, like a luncheon buffet spread out before us, enticing us, by their aromas, and culinary delights.

The picture not seen, and well hidden, though is that of the bondage, fear, and misery, that addictions bring, to the one who so consumes.
Alcohol, nicotine, immorality, gambling, gluttony, narcotics, gossip, slander, occult, lying, and countless other things.

Addiction: A compulsive habit. Whereas once the individual was in control, later, the habit.

Addictions are bondage:

John 8:34 KJV
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Romans 6:16 KJV
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

II Peter 2:19 NLT
19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For you are a slave to whatever controls you.

How many millions of dear souls, in this late hour find themselves ensnared by one of Satan's schemes.

Ephesians 6:10-18 KJV
[10] Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
[11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against
the wiles* of the devil.

[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

* Wiles: The Greek word Meth-od-i-ah: Traveling over, travesty, Trickery, to lie in wait. (Abingdon Strong)
Satan, has some wiley schemes, some evil methods, for the destruction of mankind, and we need to be aware of them.

II Timothy 2:25,26 KJV
25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.
26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.

Spiritual Armor:

Ephesians 6:13-18 KJV
[13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
[14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
[15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
[16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
[18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Deliverance from the bondage of the enemy, comes only through the power of God.

Psalm 32:7 KJV
Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Luke 4:18 KJV (Prophecy concerning Christ)
The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

II Samuel 22:2 KJV
And he (David) said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

Psalm 18:1-3 KJV
[1] I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
[2] The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation,
and my high tower.
[3] I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 34:4 KJV
I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Isaiah 46:4 KJV
And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar (grey) hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Jeremiah 1:8 KJV
“...for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.”

Hebrews 2:18 NLT
Since He Himself has gone through suffering and testing, He is able to help us when we are being tested.

Isaiah 58:6 KJV
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

John 8:32,36 KJV
[32] And ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free.
[36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

Galatians 5:1 KJV
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Job 5:19 KJV
He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

Psalm 91:1-3 NLT
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him.
3 For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.

I Corinthians 10:13 NLT
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.

II Timothy 4:18 KJV
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

II Peter 2:9 KJV
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

God knew how to deliver:

David, kept from the lion and the bear.
I Samuel 17:37 KJV
David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, He will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. (Goliath) And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, thrown into the fiery furnace.
Daniel 3:27 KJV
And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellers, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

Daniel in the lion's den.
Daniel 6:21,22,27 KJV
[21] Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
[22] My God hath sent His angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before Him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
[27] He delivereth and rescueth, and He worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

Apostles, freed from prison.
Acts 5:18,19 KJV
[18] And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.
[19] But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth,...

Peter freed from prison.
Acts 12:7 KJV
And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.

Paul and Silas from prison.
Acts 16:26 KJV
[25] And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
[26] And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Isaiah 9:2,4 KJV
[2] The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
[4] For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor...

Isaiah 10:27 KJV
And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Jeremiah 34:8 KJV
This is the word that came unto Jeremiah from the LORD...to proclaim liberty unto them;

Isaiah 61:1 KJV
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

II Corinthians 3:17 KJV
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

II Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Luke 10:19 KJV
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.