Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Monday, July 14, 2008

Bible Questions Answered: Peter,James, And John-No Death?

Bible Questions Answered:
In Matthew 16:28 Jesus said that some of His disciples, would not taste death till the Lord would come. So, are these men alive on earth yet today, seeing how the Lord has not come yet?
Bobby R./ Okayama, Japan

Bible Answers:

Matthew 16:28-17:1-8 KJV
[28] Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

Matt.17:1-8

[1] And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
[2] And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light.
[3] And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with Him.
[4] Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
[5] While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.
[6] And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
[7] And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
[8] And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

And also.....

John 21:17-23 KJV

[17] He (the Lord Jesus) saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
[18] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
[19] This spake He, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He saith unto him, Follow Me.
[20] Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved (the Disciple John) following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
[21] Peter seeing him (John) saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
[22] Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
[23] Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?


It is unfortunate, that Bible translators when making chapter divisions did not make Matthew 16:28 as Matthew 17:1. If this were the case, as it should be, these verses in Matthew, would be, so easily understood.

Christ was speaking of His soon, coming Transfiguration.
Christ's Transfiguration, was seeing Him (in a foretaste of His) coming into His Kingdom.

And again, it is also true of Christ's Glorification, after His Resurrection, after His death.

Concerning Christ's Transfiguration, Peter, James, and John (the Sons of Thunder), saw for one moment the glory of the pre-incarnate Christ.

His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white and glistening.

Without any doubt, this was again the site John saw later while on the island of Patmos.

Revelation 1:12-18 NLB

12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands.

13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across His chest.

14 His head and His hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And His eyes were like flames of fire.

15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice thundered like mighty ocean waves.

16 He held seven stars in His right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from His mouth. And His face was like the sun in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as if I were dead. But He laid His right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last.

18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.

Peter, later wrote saying.....

II Peter 1:15-18 KJV

[15] Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
[16] For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
[17] For He received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to Him from the excellent glory, This is My Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
[18] And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with Him in the holy mount.