Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bible Questions Answered: Weapons

Bible Questions Answered:
Didn't Jesus say that we are to have weapons?
Linda/ Fredericksburg, Virginia

Bible Answer:

No.

Luke 22:31-38 KJV
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
33 And he said unto Him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
34 And He said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest Me.
35 And He said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
36 Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in Me, And He was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning Me have an end.
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And He said unto them, It is enough.


Luke 22:31-38 NLT
31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.
32 But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to Me again, strengthen your brothers.”
33 Peter said, “Lord, I am ready to go to prison with you, and even to die with you.”
34 But Jesus said, “Peter, let Me tell you something. Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know Me.”
35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you out to preach the Good News and you did not have money, a traveler’s bag, or extra clothing, did you need anything?” “No,” they replied.
36 “But now,” He said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!
37 For the time has come for this prophecy about Me to be fulfilled: ‘He was counted among the rebels.’ Yes, everything written about Me by the prophets will come true.”
38 “Look, Lord,” they replied, “we have two swords among us.” “That’s enough,” He said.

Unlearned fishermen, could not understand the difference between figurative speech and literal meaning.

They took the Lord's words as being “literal,” but our Lord was speaking figuratively!
He was saying...Look, while I've been with you, you have not been in want of anything. But I am going away, and you will have to get use to the idea of fending for yourselves. (Not that the Lord would not go with them!)


Psalm 34:14 KJV
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Proverbs 12:20 NLT
Deceit fills hearts that are plotting evil; joy fills hearts that are planning peace!

Matthew 5:9 KJV
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Romans 14:19 KJV
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Colossians 3:15 KJV
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Romans 15:33 KJV
Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

II Corinthians 13:11 KJV
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.


The Defense of the people of God:


Psalm 5:11,12 KJV
11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Psalm 18:1-3 KJV
1 I will love thee, O LORD, my Strength.
2 The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my salvation, and my High Tower.
3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 31:1,2 KJV
1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong Rock, for an house of defence to save me.

Psalm 33:20 KJV
Our soul waiteth for the LORD: He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 91:1,2 KJV
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my Refuge and my Fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Proverbs 30:5 KJV
Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.

II Corinthians 10:4 KJV
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Jesus Christ did not carry a sword of steel, the sword He carried was the sword of His mouth.

Revelation 1:16 KJV
And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Revelation 2:16 KJV
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

Revelation 19:15 KJV
And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God

Same chapter/ the story continued:

Luke 22:47-51 KJV
47 And while He yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss Him.
48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of Man with a kiss?
49 When they which were about Him saw what would follow, they said unto Him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?
50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And He touched his ear, and healed him.

Matthew 26:52,53 KJV
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He shall presently give Me more than twelve legions of angels?

Luke 22:47-51 NLT
47 But even as Jesus said this, a crowd approached, led by Judas, one of the twelve disciples. Judas walked over to Jesus to greet Him with a kiss.
48 But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?”
49 When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, “Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!”
50 And one of them struck at the high priest’s slave, slashing off his right ear.
51 But Jesus said, “No more of this.” And He touched the man’s ear and healed him.

Jesus healed the servant of the high priest.

Matthew 5:44-48 KJV
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.