Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bible Questions Answered: Transubstantiation

Bible Questions Answered:
In the Eucharist, who's power, (the Holy Spirit's ?) turns the articles into the actual flesh and blood of Christ?
Thelene C. / White Plains, New York

Bible Answers:
The belief of “Transubstantiation,” is not taught in the Word of God.

Transubstantiation: To change from one substance to another.
The only time our Lord, ever did anything approaching this was at the wedding of Cana (John 2:1-11), when He changed the water into wine.

Matthew 26:26-28 KJV
[26] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
[27] And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-24 KJV
[22] And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
[23] And He took the cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
[24] And He said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Luke 22:17-20 KJV
17] And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
[18] For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
[19] And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
[20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

I Corinthians 11:23-26 KJV
[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread:
[24] And when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
[25] After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
[26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till He come.

In reading these verses from Matthew, Mark and Luke, we realize that, Christ was anything but dead!

Because He was not dead, there is no way, the bread could have been His flesh, nor the wine His blood.

Christ was alive and sharing this Last Supper with His Disciples.

Well, what is the answer then?

Luke 22:19 KJV “...this do in remembrance of me.

I Corinthians 11:24,25 KJV
...this do in remembrance of me.”

“... in remembrance of me.”

Jesus said the Last Supper was to be a symbol of remembrance of His soon to be broken body, and shed blood.


Luke 22:19 KJV “...my body which is given for you:...”

Luke 22:20 KJV “...my blood, which is shed for you.”

When we look at a photograph of our children, or grandchildren, we say, there is my grand-son, my grand-daughter.

But is that photo, really our grand-child? Of course not, it is a representation of them.
And the same is true of the articles of the Last Supper.

Why would anyone promote the idea of transubstantiation?

They would do it as to have power over their congregants.

Only they the priests of this church, would have the power to transubstantiate the bread and the wine.

With out their mystical powers, the congregants would have no life in them.

Strange thing, the subject has yet to be decided, “Just how long does this mystical, life last?”
A week, a year, five years?

There is no answer forthcoming.

Revelation 22:13,18,19 KJV
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.