Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Eisegesis Versus Exegesis


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“I heard this in class but I did not follow it, isojesus and another word sounding like it...what are they?
Randolph/ Elgin, Texas U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Eisegesis:
An interpretation, especially of Scripture, that expresses the interpreter's own ideas, bias, or the like, rather than the meaning of the text.
Dictionary.Com

Exegesis:

Critical explanation or interpretation of a text or portion of a text, especially of the Bible.

Eisegesis and Exegesis are two opposing approaches to Bible study.

Eisegesis is the meaning of any text is dependent upon our own feeling the text could mean.

Exegesis is an analytical textual analysis. The Biblical text, leads us to the truth.

EXAMPLE:

Eisegesis:

Isaiah 45:11 KJV
Thus saith The Lord, The Holy One Of Israel, and his Maker, Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons, and concerning the work of My hands command ye Me.

We as the people of God, may command God to grant us wealth and prosperity etc.

Matthew 7:7,8 KJV
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

This is the Eisegesis view, one text and our personal interpretation as to what it means.

THIS IS NOT THE PROPER WAY TO READ AND TO INTERPRET THE WORD OF GOD!

This is one good reason to have another version of The Scripture, to be sure we see it correctly, that and make sure we know well all the surrounding scriptures that our text is found in!

Exegesis:

Isaiah 45:11 N/LT
This is what The Lord says— The Holy One Of Israel and your Creator: “Do you question what I do for My children Do you give Me orders about the work of My hands?

This is just the very opposite of the above view!

To properly be able to understand this verse (11) we must read the whole chapter. In this chapter The Lord is telling this Persian Emperor, Cyrus, that He alone is the great and mighty God, keeper of Israel. He alone has equipped and brought forth the Persian Empire.

And why has The Lord called and equipped the Persian Empire?

Isaiah 45:4 NLT
And why have I called you for this work? Why did I call you by name when you did not know Me? It is for the sake of Jacob My servant, Israel My chosen one.

It was for the deliverance of Israel the people of God.

Isaiah 45:9-13 NLT
9 “What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, ‘Stop, you’re doing it wrong!’
Does the pot exclaim, ‘How clumsy can you be?’
10 How terrible it would be if a newborn baby said to its father,‘Why was I born?’ or if it said to its mother, ‘Why did you make me this way?’”

11 This is what The Lord says— The Holy One Of Israel and your Creator: “Do you question what I do for My children? Do you give Me orders about the work of My hands?

12 I am The One who made the earth and created people to live on it. With My hands I stretched out the heavens. All the stars are at My command.
13 I will raise up Cyrus to fulfill My righteous purpose, and I will guide his actions. He will restore My city and free My captive people (Babylon)— without seeking a reward! I, The Lord Of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken!”

Prayer:

II Timothy 2:15 KJV
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing The Word Of Truth.