Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Courage Versus Cowardice.


The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson
(Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)

https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Courage Versus Cowardice.

Bible Texts:

Courage:

Acts 15:24-27 NLT
24 “We understand that some men from here have troubled you and upset you with their teaching, but we did not send them!
25 So we decided, having come to complete agreement, to send you official representatives, along with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We are sending Judas and Silas to confirm what we have decided concerning your question.

Cowardice:

Proverbs 29:25 NLT
Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting The Lord means safety.

The Word, Courage:

Joshua 1:9 KJV
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for The Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I Chronicles 28:20 NLT
Then David continued, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for The Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you..."

Psalm 23:1-6 KJV
1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of The Lord for ever.

Psalm 27:1,14 KJV
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
14 Wait on The Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on The Lord.

Psalm 31:24 KJV
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in The Lord.

Psalm 56:3,4 KJV
3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
4 In God I will praise His Word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Psalm 112:6,7 NLT
6 Such people will not be overcome by evil. Those who are righteous will be long remembered.
7 They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust The Lord to care for them.

Isaiah 41:10-13 NLT
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.
11 “See, all your angry enemies lie there, confused and humiliated. Anyone who opposes you will die and come to nothing.
12 You will look in vain for those who tried to conquer you. Those who attack you will come to nothing.
13 For I hold you by your right hand— I, The Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.

Mark 5:36 KJV
As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

John 14:27 KJV
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I Corinthians 15:58 NLT
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for The Lord, for you know that nothing you do for The Lord is ever useless.

I Corinthians 16:13 NLT
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.

Ephesians 6:10 KJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in The Lord, and in the power of His might.

Philippians 1:27,28 NLT
27 Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of The Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is The Good News.
28 Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies. This will be a sign to them that they are going to be destroyed, but that you are going to be saved, even by God Himself.

II Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The Word, Cowardice:

Proverbs 28:1 NLT
The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the Godly are as bold as lions.

Proverbs 29:25 NLT
Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting The Lord means safety.

Isaiah 51:12 KJV
I, yes I, am The One who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear?

Matthew 8:26 KJV
And He saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then He arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Matthew 26:56 KJV
But all this was done, that The Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook Him, and fled.

Mark 4:38 KJV
And He was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake Him, and say unto Him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

Mark 6:48-51 KJV
48 And He saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night He cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.
49 But when they saw Him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out:
50 For they all saw Him, and were troubled. And immediately He talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid.
51 And he went up unto them into the ship; and the wind ceased: and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure, and wondered.

Luke 8:25 KJV
And He said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of Man is this! for He commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey Him.

Luke 22:54-60 NLT
54 Then took they Him, and led Him, and brought Him into the high priest's house. And Peter followed afar off.
55 And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.
56 But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with Him.
57 And he denied Him, saying, Woman, I know Him not.
58 And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.
59 And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with Him: for he is a Galilaean.
60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.

John 9:22 NLT
His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders, who had announced that anyone saying Jesus was The Messiah would be expelled from the synagogue.

II Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

II Timothy 4:16 NLT
The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them.

Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Prayer:

I Corinthians 4:2 KJV
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

Hebrews 10:23 KJV
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)