Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Sins- Can Men Forgive?


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“Can men forgive sins?...”
Alicia/ La Grande, Oregon U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:
The favorite verse used by one church is that of John 20:21-23, but the church that claims so, did not exist until, long after apostolic times.

John 20:21-23 KJV
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye The Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Well, if this was not any person, or group, during Apostolic times, and it was not, just what was it referring to?

It was referring to the power of The Gospel, it is The Word Of God, that sets people free, not any individual!

Some examples:

Psalm 86:5 KJV
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

Psalm 130:7 KJV
"...hope in The Lord: for with The Lord there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption.

Isaiah 1:18 KJV
Come now, and let us reason together, saith The Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 44:22,23 KJV
22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.
23 Sing, O ye heavens; for The Lord hath done it..."
Isaiah 45:21,22,25 KJV
21 "...there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me.
22 Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
25 I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 55:6 KJV
Seek ye The Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near:

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
28 Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

John 1;12,13 KJV
12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:3,16,17,36 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him (Nicodemus), Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting Life.
17 For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
36 He that believeth on The Son hath everlasting Life: and he that believeth not The Son shall not see Life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:37,40,47 KJV
37 “...him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.”
40 And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth The Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting Life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.

Acts 2:21 KJV
"...whosoever shall call on the name of The Lord shall be saved.”

Acts 3:19 KJV
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of The Lord.

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

Acts 16:30,31 KJV
30 "...Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 5:7,8 KJV
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but The Gift Of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Romans 10:9, 10 KJV
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth The Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation.

II Corinthians 5:21 NLT
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

II Corinthians 6:2 NKJV
For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

II Corinthians 6:2 NLT
For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Hebrews 4:7 KJV
Again, He limiteth a certain day, saying...To day if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts.

I John 1:8-10 KJV
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and The Truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is Faithful and Just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

I John 5:1,11-13 KJV
1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is The Christ has become a child of God..."
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us Eternal Life, and this Life is in His Son.
12 He that hath The Son hath Life; and he that hath not The Son Of God hath not Life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of The Son Of God; that ye may know that ye have Eternal Life, and that ye may believe on the name of The Son Of God.

Precious, precious promises,

John 20:23 KJV
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

What does it all mean? It means that when someone gives out The Word Of God, either someone receives and obeys that Word, or denies and rejects it.

And then there is the scripture....

Matthew 16:15-19 KJV
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter* answered (his confession) and said, Thou art The Christ, The Son Of The Living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this Rock* I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

*Peter Greek: Petros (a piece of) rock; an apostle -Peter.
(Strongs-# 4074)

*Rock-Greek: Petra (Pet-ra): A (mass of) Rock. - Christ.

Was Peter given some special authority? Answer, no! The answers are in The Bible, if we but only take the time to read it.

The very same words, Christ spoke to Peter, He also spoke to thee other disciples in Matthew 18!

Matthew 18:1,18 KJV
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus..."
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Was Peter The Rock of the church? Absolutely not so!
Christ was the Petra, and Peter was the petros.

What was The Rock the church would be built upon? That Rock, was Christ, and the confession of Him!

Matthew 16:16 KJV
And Simon Peter* answered (his confession) and said, Thou art The Christ, The Son Of The Living God.

If you have a Bible concordance, see how many scriptures call Christ The Rock!

Just a few examples:

Psalm 18:2 KJV
The Lord is my Rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 18:31 KJV
For who is God save The Lord? or who is A Rock save our God?

Psalm 18:46 KJV
The Lord liveth; and blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalm 27:5 KJV
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon A Rock.

Psalm 28:1 KJV
Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my Rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Psalm 31:2 KJV
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong Rock, for an house of defense to save me.

Psalm 31:3 KJV
For thou art my Rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 40:2 KJV
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon A Rock, and established my goings.

Psalm 42:9 KJV
I will say unto God my Rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

Psalm 61:2 KJV
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to The Rock that is higher than I.

Psalm 62:2 KJV
He only is my Rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 62:6 KJV
He only is my Rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

Psalm 62:7 KJV
In God is my salvation and my glory: The Rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psalm 71:3 KJV
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my Rock and my fortress.

Psalm 78:35 KJV
And they remembered that God was their Rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Psalm 89:26 KJV
He shall cry unto me, Thou art my Father, my God, and The Rock of my salvation.

Psalm 92:15 KJV
To shew that The Lord is upright: He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Psalm 94:22 KJV
But The Lord is my defense; and my God is The Rock of my refuge.

Psalm 95:1 KJV
O come, let us sing unto The Lord: let us make a joyful noise to The Rock of our salvation.

I Peter 2:4-8 NLT (Living Stones for God’s House)
4 You are coming to Christ, who is The Living Cornerstone Of God’s Temple. He was rejected by people, but He was chosen by God for great honor.
5 And you are living stones that God is building into His spiritual temple. What’s more, you are His holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God.
6 As the Scriptures say, “I am placing A Cornerstone in Jerusalem, chosen for great honor, and anyone who trusts in Him will never be disgraced.”
7 Yes, you who trust Him recognize the honor God has given Him. But for those who reject Him, “The Stone that the builders rejected has now become The Cornerstone.”
8 And, “He is The Stone that makes people stumble, The Rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they do not obey God’s Word, and so they meet the fate that was planned for them.

Matthew 16:19 KJV
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

To what was our Lord referring? He was speaking of the promises, and the power of The Gospel, The Word Of God.

It is The Gospel that binds or loosens.

Some Examples: (Freedom/ Liberty in Christ.)

Isaiah 61:1 KJV (Luke 4:18-Christ)
The Spirit Of The Lord God is upon Me; because The Lord hath anointed Me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

John 8:36 KJV
If The Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto The Father, but by Me.

Romans 3:24 KJV
Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

II Corinthians 3:17 KJV
Now The Lord is that Spirit: and where The Spirit Of The Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:1 KJV
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:13 KJV
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Revelation 22:17 KJV
And The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Liberty/ freedom, through The Word.
The Word is none other than The Lord Jesus Christ, He is The Word Of God.

John 1:1-5 KJV
1 In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In Him was Life; and The Life was The Light Of Men.
5 And the Light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:1-5 NLT (Christ, The Eternal Word)
1 In the beginning The Word already existed. The Word was with God, and The Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him.
4 The Word gave Life to everything that was created, and His Life brought Light to everyone.
5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

Wherever The Word is given, there is The Lord, for He is The Word Of God, He is The Truth.

It is The Lord, through His Word, that frees men from their sins.

John 20:21-23 KJV
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye The Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit (by preaching The Gospel), they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain (through the preaching of The Gospel), they are retained.

John 8:32 KJV
And ye shall know The Truth, and The Truth shall make you free.

That spiritual freedom, is made known to us through the preaching of The Gospel, and it is the power of The Lord, that brings it about.

Rock Of Ages

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and The Blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Author: Augustus M. Toplady

Hear the music, copy and paste this URL, into a new web browser, and hit enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM7gt_cSxjw

Prayer:

Isaiah 43:10,11 KJV
10 Ye are My witnesses, saith The Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, am The Lord; and beside Me there is no Savior.

Isaiah 45:21,22,25 KJV
21 "...there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me.
22 Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
25 I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 55:6 KJV
Seek ye The Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: