Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, January 2, 2019

John 21:15-17 KJV


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“Why did Jesus single Peter out with the question, lovest thou me?...”
William/ Melbourne, (Victoria) Australia

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

John 21:15-17 KJV
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these? He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed My lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me? He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed My sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me? Peter was grieved because He said unto him the third time, Lovest thou Me? And he said unto Him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed My sheep.

Peter had an ostentatious, braggadocio character, making big boasts...

Mark 14:27-31,43-50 NLT (Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial)
27 On the way, Jesus told them, “All of you will desert Me. For the Scriptures say, ‘God will strike The Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’
28 But after I am raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there.”
29 Peter said to Him, “Even if everyone else deserts you, I never will.”
30 Jesus replied, “I tell you The Truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny three times that you even know Me.”
31 “No!” Peter declared emphatically. “Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you!” And all the others vowed the same.

(Jesus Is Betrayed and Arrested)

43 And immediately, even as Jesus said this, Judas, one of the twelve disciples, arrived with a crowd of men armed with swords and clubs. They had been sent by the leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the elders.
44 The traitor, Judas, had given them a prearranged signal: “You will know which one to arrest when I greet Him with a kiss. Then you can take Him away under guard.”
45 As soon as they arrived, Judas walked up to Jesus. “Rabbi!” he exclaimed, and gave Him the kiss.
46 Then the others grabbed Jesus and arrested Him.
47 But one of the men with Jesus pulled out his sword and struck the high priest’s slave, slashing off his ear.
48 Jesus asked them, “Am I some dangerous revolutionary, that you come with swords and clubs to arrest Me?
49 Why didn’t you arrest Me in the Temple? I was there among you teaching every day. But these things are happening to fulfill what The Scriptures say about Me.”
50 Then all His disciples deserted Him and ran away.

Jesus had asked Peter, three times, if he loved Him, because of Peter's boasts....

Mark 14:29 KJV
29 Peter said to Him, “Even if everyone else deserts you, I never will.”
31 “No!” Peter declared emphatically. “Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you!”

It's so easy to boast we will always be true, we will always do the right things, but The Word warns us...

Proverbs 16:18 KJV
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Romans 11:19-21 NLT
19 “Well,” you may say, “those branches were broken off to make room for me.”
20 Yes, but remember—those branches were broken off because they didn’t believe in Christ, and you are there because you do believe. So don’t think highly of yourself, but fear what could happen.
21 For if God did not spare the original branches, He won’t spare you either.

I Corinthians 10:12 KJV
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Revelation 3:17 NLT (The Message to the Church in Laodicea)
You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.

Hiding in Thee

O safe to the Rock that is higher than I,
My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
Alone I would perish, undone would I be;
Thou blest “Rock of Ages,” I’m hiding in Thee.

Refrain:
Hiding in Thee, hiding in Thee,
Thou blest “Rock of Ages,” I’m hiding in Thee.

In the calm of the noontide, in sorrow’s lone hour,
In times when temptation casts o’er me its pow’r;
In the tempests of life, on its wide, heaving sea,
Thou blest “Rock of Ages,” I’m hiding in Thee.

How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe,
I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe;
How often, when trials like sea billows roll,
Have I hidden in Thee, O Thou Rock of my soul.

Author: William O. Cushing

Hear the music, copy and paste this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp8nXPM7QOw

Prayer:

“Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God’s majesty.”
John Calvin

Micah 6:8 KJV
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth The Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Philippians 2:5,8 KJV
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
8 And being found in fashion as A Man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

James 4:10 KJV
Humble yourselves in the sight of The Lord, and He shall lift you up.