Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Sunday, January 20, 2019

Luke 9:57-62 Let The Dead Bury Their Dead

THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
It seems unkind to tell a man not to go and bury his father, and follow the Lord...”
Robert/ Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:
Luke 9:57-62 NLT (The Cost of Following Jesus)
57 As they were walking along, someone said to Jesus, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
58 But Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head.”

59 He said to another person, “Come, follow me.” The man agreed, but he said, “Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.”
60 But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”

61 Another said, “Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family.”
62 But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”

Three examples of the importance of the message of the kingdom.

First, a man said, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
But, how does that further the kingdom of God?

Second, a man said, “Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.”
But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”

A third man, told Jesus, “Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family.”
But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”

Three stories, and three examples of not preaching The Good News.
Our Lord, was expressing the importance of proclaiming The Gospel, must not take a back seat to the things of the world.

Matthew 6:33 KJV
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness..."
The Lord had a message to the church of Ephesus.

Revelation 2:4,5 KJV
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Proverbs 3:6 TLB
In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success.

Matthew 22:37 KJV
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love The Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mark 12:30 KJV
And thou shalt love The Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Luke 14:33 KJV
So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.

I Corinthians 10:31 KJV
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

And so we must ask ourselves, what about our life, does The Lord, have first place in all we do?

I Surrender All

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Author: Judson W. Van DeVenter

Hear the music, copy and paste this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DALQswiHT8I
Prayer:

II Corinthians 5:9 KJV
Wherefore we labor, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him.

Colossians 1:10 KJV
That ye might walk worthy of The Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;