Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Contentment


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“What does it mean to be content, how do you know when your there?...
Louis/ Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Contentment:

Genesis 3:1-10 NLT (The Man and Woman, Sin) (Satan robbed Adam and Eve of their contentment)
1 The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals The Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?”
2 “Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied.
3 “It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”
4 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.
5 “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”
6 The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.
7 At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves.
8 When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard The Lord God walking about in the garden. So they hid from The Lord God among the trees.
9 Then The Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10 He replied, “I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked.”

Psalm 17:13-15 NLT (Worldly riches do not bring true joy)
13 Arise, O Lord! Stand against them, and bring them to their knees! Rescue me from the wicked with your sword!
14 By the power of your hand, O Lord, destroy those who look to this world for their reward. But satisfy the hunger of your treasured ones. May their children have plenty, leaving an inheritance for their descendants.
15 Because I am righteous, I will see you. When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied.

Psalm 34:9,10 KJV (Contentment, only through The Lord)
9 O fear The Lord, ye His saints: for there is no want to them that fear Him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek The Lord shall not want any good thing.

Psalm 37:3,4 NLT
3 Trust in The Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in The Lord, and He will give you your heart’s desires.

Psalm 131:1-3 NLT (Humility, knows contentment)
1 Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don’t concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp.
2 Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, put your hope in The Lord— now and always.

Proverbs 16:8 NLT
Better to have little, with Godliness, than to be rich and dishonest.

Proverbs 28:6 NLT
Better to be poor and honest than to be dishonest and rich.

Ecclesiastes 3:13 KJV
"...every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 NLT
Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!

Matthew 6:25-34 KJV (Be content with what you have)
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Luke 12:15 NLT
Then He said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”

John 1:29-33 KJV (John's contentment, was placing Jesus, over himself)
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto Him, and saith, Behold The Lamb Of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
30 This is He of whom I said, After me cometh A Man which is preferred before me: for He was before me.
31 And I knew Him not: but that He should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
32 And John bare record, saying, I saw The Spirit descending from heaven like A Dove, and it abode upon Him.
33 And I knew Him not: but He that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see The Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which baptizeth with The Holy Ghost.

Acts 20:33 NLT (Apostle Paul)
I have never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or fine clothes.”

Philippians 4:10-14 NLT (Through the power of The Lord Jesus, we may be content, in any situation)
10 How I praise The Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me.
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.
13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
14 Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.

I Timothy 6:6-8,10,11 KJV
6 But Godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, Godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Prayer:

Hebrews 13:5 NLT
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,
I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”[