Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, June 21, 2018

Bible Lesson: Conversations With Jesus: John the Baptist.

 
The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson
(Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)

https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html

Bible Lesson: Conversations With Jesus: John the Baptist.

Bible Text:

Matthew 11:7-24 KJV
7 And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
20 Then began He to upbraid the cities wherein most of His mighty works were done, because they repented not:
21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Bible Topic:

John the Baptist:

John the Baptists parents were both of priestly lines. His father, Zacharias, a priest of abia (I Chronicles 24:10), his mother, Elisabeth, of daughters of Aaron (Luke 1:5).

Luke 1:5-17 NLT (The Birth of John the Baptist Foretold)
5 When Herod was king of Judea, there was a Jewish priest named Zechariah. He was a member of the priestly order of Abijah, and his wife, Elizabeth, was also from the priestly line of Aaron.
6 Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous in God’s eyes, careful to obey all of The Lord’s commandments and regulations.
7 They had no children because Elizabeth was unable to conceive, and they were both very old.

8 One day Zechariah was serving God in the Temple, for his order was on duty that week.
9 As was the custom of the priests, he was chosen by lot to enter the sanctuary of The Lord and burn incense.
10 While the incense was being burned, a great crowd stood outside, praying.

11 While Zechariah was in the sanctuary, an angel of The Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the incense altar.
12 Zechariah was shaken and overwhelmed with fear when he saw him.
13 But the angel said, “Don’t be afraid, Zechariah! God has heard your prayer. Your wife, Elizabeth, will give you a son, and you are to name him John.
14 You will have great joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth,
15 for he will be great in the eyes of The Lord. He must never touch wine or other alcoholic drinks. He will be filled with The Holy Spirit, even before his birth.
16 And he will turn many Israelites to The Lord their God.
17 He will be a man with the spirit and power of Elijah. He will prepare the people for the coming of The Lord. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and he will cause those who are rebellious to accept the wisdom of the Godly.”

Verse 15 above, The Nazarite Vow

Numbers 6:1-8 NLT (Nazirite Laws - see also 9-27)
1 Then The Lord said to Moses,
2 “Give the following instructions to the people of Israel.“If any of the people, either men or women, take the special vow of a Nazirite, setting themselves apart to The Lord in a special way,
3 they must give up wine and other alcoholic drinks. They must not use vinegar made from wine or from other alcoholic drinks, they must not drink fresh grape juice, and they must not eat grapes or raisins.
4 As long as they are bound by their Nazirite vow, they are not allowed to eat or drink anything that comes from a grapevine—not even the grape seeds or skins.

5 “They must never cut their hair throughout the time of their vow, for they are holy and set apart to The Lord. Until the time of their vow has been fulfilled, they must let their hair grow long.
6 And they must not go near a dead body during the entire period of their vow to The Lord.
7 Even if the dead person is their own father, mother, brother, or sister, they must not defile themselves, for the hair on their head is the symbol of their separation to God.
8 This requirement applies as long as they are set apart to The Lord.

John took as his residence the region west of the Dead Sea. His clothes were that of woven camel's hair, attatched by a leather girdle.

II Kings 1:8 KJV (Elijah)
And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.

John the Baptist's diet consisted of locusts and wild honey.

Leviticus 11:22 KJV
Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

Psalm 81:16 KJV
He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.

Many came out to see John, and he baptized them.

Matthew 3:5,6 NLT
5 People from Jerusalem and from all of Judea and all over the Jordan Valley went out to see and hear John.
6 And when they confessed their sins, he baptized them in the Jordan River.

John baptized Jesus.

Matthew 3:13-17 NLT (The Baptism of Jesus)
13 Then Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John.
14 But John tried to talk Him out of it. “I am the one who needs to be baptized by you,” he said, “so why are you coming to me?”
15 But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.” So John agreed to baptize Him.
16 After His baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and He saw The Spirit Of God descending like A Dove and settling on Him.
17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is My dearly loved Son, who brings Me great joy.”

John's teachings:

Matthew 3:11 KJV (Baptism of repentance.)
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with The Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matthew 9:14 NLT (Fasting)
One day the disciples of John the Baptist came to Jesus and asked Him, “Why don’t your disciples fast like we do and the Pharisees do?”

Luke 5:33 KJV (Fasting)
And they said unto Him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink?

Luke 11:1 KJV (Prayer)
Once Jesus was in a certain place praying. As He finished, one of His disciples came to Him and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

John 1:24-34 NLT (Jesus The Messiah:)
24 Then the Pharisees who had been sent
25 asked him, “If you aren’t The Messiah or Elijah or the Prophet, what right do you have to baptize?”
26 John told them, “I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not recognize.
27 Though His ministry follows mine, I’m not even worthy to be His slave and untie the straps of His sandal.”
28 This encounter took place in Bethany, an area east of the Jordan River, where John was baptizing.Jesus, The Lamb Of God
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look!
The Lamb Of God who takes away the sin of the world!
30 He is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘A Man is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for He existed long before me.’ 31 I did not recognize Him as The Messiah, but I have been baptizing with water so that He might be revealed to Israel.”
32 Then John testified, “I saw The Holy Spirit descending like A Dove from heaven and resting upon Him.
33 I didn’t know He was the one, but when God sent me to baptize with water, He told me, ‘The one on whom you see The Spirit descend and rest is The One who will baptize with The Holy Spirit.’
34 I saw this happen to Jesus, so I testify that He is The Chosen One Of God.”

John the Baptist, was not afraid to speak out against sin, wherever he saw it.

Matthew 3:7 KJV
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

John 3:19,20 KJV
19 John also publicly criticized Herod Antipas, the ruler of Galilee, for marrying Herodias, his brother’s wife, and for many other wrongs he had done.
20 So Herod put John in prison, adding this sin to his many others.

Herodias, Herod's adulterous wife, could not be satisfied, with anything other than the head of John the Baptist.

On the kings birthday, a festival was held. After the festival, the daughter of Herodias (Salome), danced for all, and she was so graceful, that the king promised to give her anything. The young girl asked her mother what she should ask for, and her mother, Herodias, asked for the head of John the Baptist, on a platter. Herod had John executed, and his head was exhibited for all to see.

Mark 6:29-31 NLT
29 When John’s disciples heard what had happened, they came to get his body and buried it in a tomb.
30 The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told Him all they had done and taught.
31 Then Jesus said, “Let’s go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile...”

Here is a song, John the Baptist, would have loved to sing....

I am On The Battlefield For My Lord

Refrain:
I am on the battlefield for my Lord,
I'm on the battlefield for my Lord;
And I promised Him that I would serve Him till I die.
I am on the battlefield for my Lord.

I was alone and idle,
I was a sinner too,
I heard a voice from heaven
Say there is work to do,
I took The Master's hand,
And I joined the Christian band,
I'm on the battlefield for my Lord. [Refrain]

I left my friends and kindred
Bound for the Promised Land,
The grace of God upon me,
The Bible in my hand,
In distant lands I trod,
Crying sinner come to God,
I'm on the battlefield for my Lord. [Refrain]

Now when I met my Savior,
I met Him with a smile,
He healed my wounded Spirit,
And owned me as His child,
Around the throne of grace,
He appoints my soul a place,
I'm on the battlefield for my Lord. [Refrain]

Author: E.V. Banks; Author: Sylvanna Bell

Hear the music, copy and paste this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlQGJ72-epk


Prayer:

I Chronicle 28:20 KJV
And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for The Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of The Lord.

I Corinthians 15:58 KJV
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of The Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in The Lord.