Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, August 17, 2018

Bible Lesson: Conversations With Jesus: To Be A Follower Of Jesus, Self Denial Is Required.


The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson
(Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)

https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html

Bible Lesson: Conversations With Jesus: To Be A Follower Of Jesus, Self Denial Is Required.

Bible Text:

Matthew 16:24-28

Mark 8:34-38

Luke 9:23-27

Bible Topic:

Self Denial

Matthew 16:24-28 KJV
24 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For The Son Of Man shall come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and then He shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see The Son Of Man coming in His kingdom.

Mark 8:34-38 KJV
34 And when He had called the people unto Him with His disciples also, He said unto them, Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and The Gospel's, the same shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My Words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall The Son Of Man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:23-27 KJV
23 And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My Words, of him shall The Son Of Man be ashamed, when He shall come in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels.
27 But I tell you of a Truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Self Denial:

Jeremiah 35-5-10 NLT (The Faithful Recabites)
5 I set cups and jugs of wine before them and invited them to have a drink,
6 but they refused. “No,” they said, “we don’t drink wine, because our ancestor Jehonadab son of Recab gave us this command: ‘You and your descendants must never drink wine.
7 And do not build houses or plant crops or vineyards, but always live in tents. If you follow these commands, you will live long, good lives in the land.’
8 So we have obeyed him in all these things. We have never had a drink of wine to this day, nor have our wives, our sons, or our daughters.
9 We haven’t built houses or owned vineyards or farms or planted crops.
10 We have lived in tents and have fully obeyed all the commands of Jehonadab, our ancestor.

Daniel 10:3 KJV (Daniel)
I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Matthew 19:21,27,29 KJV
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow Me.
27 Then answered Peter and said unto Him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee..."
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting Life.

Mark 10:28-30 KJV
28 Then Peter began to say unto Him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My sake, and The Gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, (along NLT) with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal Life.

Luke 1:15 KJV (John The Baptist)
For he shall be great in the sight of The Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with The Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luke 7:33 KJV
For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.

Luke 11:5 KJV
And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed Him.

Luke 14:33 KJV
So you cannot become My disciple without giving up everything you own.

Luke 18:28 NLT
Peter said, “We’ve left our homes to follow you.”

John 3:30 KJV
He must increase, but I must decrease.

Acts 20:24 NLT (Apostle Paul)
But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by The Lord Jesus—the work of telling others The Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

Acts 21:13 KJV
Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of The Lord Jesus.

Romans 12:1 KJV
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Romans 14:21 NLT
It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble.

Romans 15:1 NLT
We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves

I Corinthians 9:24-27 NLT
24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.
27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

I Corinthians 10:24 NLT
Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of The Son Of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Galatians 5:16 KJV
This I say then, Walk in The Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Colossians 3:3 KJV
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

II Timothy 2:3,4,20,21 NLT
3 Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
4 Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them.
20 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use.
21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for The Master to use you for every good work.

Titus 2:11-13 KJV
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Hebrews 11:24-26 NLT
24 It was by faith that Moses, when he grew up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter.
25 He chose to share the oppression of God’s people instead of enjoying the fleeting pleasures of sin.
26 He thought it was better to suffer for the sake of Christ than to own the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking ahead to his great reward.

It 's Wednesday night, the guys have called, saying “let's go bowling,” but it's Bible study and prayer night at the church, what do you tell them?

Matthew 16:24 KJV
24 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Nothing Between

Nothing between my soul and my Savior,
Naught of this world’s delusive dream;
I have renounced all sinful pleasure;
Jesus is mine, there’s nothing between.

Chorus:
Nothing between my soul and my Savior,
So that His blessed face may be seen;
Nothing preventing the least of His favor;
Keep the way clear! Let nothing between.

Nothing between, like worldly pleasure;
Habits of life, though harmless they seem,
Must not my heart from Him ever sever;
He is my all, there’s nothing between.

Nothing between, like pride or station;
Self or friends shall not intervene;
Though it may cost me much tribulation,
I am resolved, there’s nothing between.

Nothing between, e’en many hard trials,
Though the whole world against me convene;
Watching with prayer and much self-denial,
I’ll triumph at last, there’s nothing between.

Author: Charles A. Tindley

Hear the music, copy and paste this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jQyjBDHXh8

Prayer:

John 6:37,40,47 KJV
37 “...him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.”
40 And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth The Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting Life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.