Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, March 6, 2020

Selah


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“I read in the Psalms, the word selah, what does that mean?
Ann/ Memphis, Tennessee U..S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Selah:
Psalms were sung, and the Psalms were often addressed to “the choir master.”

Selah, occurs some 71 times in the book of Psalms and 3 times in the book of Habakkuk.

Psalm 4:1-8 KJV (For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)
1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.
4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.
6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

Selah, stood for a musical pause, and also for a time of pause and reflection as to what has just been said.

Selah, a time of reflection and meditation.

Deuteronomy 32;7 KJV
Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.

Psalm 64:9 KJV
And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of His doing.

Psalm 77:12 KJV
I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.

Psalm 143:5 KJV
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

Prayer:

Selah: A few to reflect on.

Psalm 3:8 KJV
Salvation belongeth unto The Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Psalm 24:10 KJV
Who is this King Of Glory? The Lord Of Hosts, He is The King Of Glory. Selah.

Psalm 32:5 KJV
I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto The Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Psalm 32:7 KJV
Thou art my Hiding Place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Psalm 39:5 NLT
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” Interlude (Selah)

Psalm 46:7 KJV
The Lord Of Hosts is with us; The God Of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Psalm 49:15 KJV
But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for He shall receive me. Selah.

Psalm 61:4 KJV
I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Psalm 62:8 KJV
Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Psalm 66:4 KJV
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

Psalm 67:1,4 KJV
1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause His face to shine upon us; Selah.
4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Psalm 68:19,32 KJV
19 Blessed be The Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God Of Our Salvation. Selah.
32 Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto The Lord; Selah:

Psalm 84:4 KJV
Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

Psalm 85:2 KJV
Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.

Psalm 143:6 KJV
I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.

Habakkuk 3:3 KJV
God came from Teman, and The Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of His praise.