Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Monday, March 30, 2020

Facing East


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“...Jews always face the east, why?...”
Miles/ Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Jews always face toward the “holy hill”, that is, the temple in Jerusalem.

II Chronicles 6:34,35 NLT
34 If your people go out where you send them to fight their enemies, and if they pray to you by turning toward this city you have chosen and toward this Temple I have built to honor your name,
35 then hear their prayers from heaven and uphold their cause.

Daniel 6:10,11 NLT
10 But when Daniel learned that the law had been signed, he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem. He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God.
11 Then the officials went together to Daniel’s house and found him praying and asking for God’s help.

Jews, praying in the temple, and the Holy Of Holies.

I Kings 8:38 NLT
And if your people Israel pray about their troubles, raising their hands toward this Temple,

Psalm 5:7 KJV
But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Jews today, still pray, facing the East. For awhile early Christians held to this practice, but over time,
discontinued it.,

Samaritans face towards Mt. Gerizim.

Mohammedans face towards Mecca.

Does it matter, if we are facing East or West, when we pray? No, because our God is omnipresent, that is He is every where.

The Word:

Deuteronomy 4:39 KJV
Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that The Lord He is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

I Kings 8:27 NLT (Solomon)
But will God really live on earth? Why, even the highest heavens cannot contain you. How much less this Temple I have built!

Job 34:21 KJV
For His eyes are upon the ways of man, and He seeth all his goings.

Psalm 113:4-6 NLT
4 For The Lord is high above the nations; His glory is higher than the heavens.
5 Who can be compared with The Lord our God, who is enthroned on high?
6 He stoops to look down on heaven and on earth.

Psalm 139:3,7-10 KJV
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Proverbs 15:3 KJV
The eyes of The Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Isaiah 57:15 NLT
The High And Lofty One who lives in eternity, The Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.

Isaiah 66:1 KJV
Thus saith The Lord, The heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool: where is the house that ye build unto Me? and where is the place of My rest?

Jeremiah 23:23,24 KJV
23 Am I a God at hand, saith The Lord, and not a God afar off?
24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith The Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

Matthew 6:6 KJV
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 18:20 KJV
For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

Acts 17:24,27 NLT
24 He is The God Who Made The World And Everything In It. Since He is Lord Of heaven And Earth, He doesn’t live in man-made temples,
27 His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward Him and find Him—though He is not far from any one of us.

Prayer:

Psalm 4:3 KJV
But know that The Lord hath set apart him that is Godly for Himself: The Lord will hear when I call unto Him.