Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, January 18, 2020

Almond - The Tree


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“I read Jeremiah 1, and I don't understand the part about the almond tree...”
Debra/ Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Jeremiah 1:1-12 NLT (Jeremiah’s Call and First Visions)
4 The Lord gave me this message:
5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as My prophet to the nations.”
6 “O Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!”
7 The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you.
8 And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, The Lord, have spoken!”
9 Then The Lord reached out and touched my mouth and said, “Look, I have put My Words in your mouth!
10 Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms. Some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow. Others you must build up and plant.”
11 Then The Lord said to me, “Look, Jeremiah! What do you see?” And I replied, “I see a branch from an almond tree.”
12 And The Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching, and I will certainly carry out all My plans.”

From a priestly family, Jeremiah was a young man from Anathoth, a town some 3 miles north east of Jerusalem. Jeremiah was a meek and sensitive young man, although, he protested being called as a prophet, The Lord promised to be with him.

Verse 5 is interesting indeed, for The Lord states that He knew Jeremiah before his conception, and had called him to be a prophet.

5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as My prophet to the nations.”

8 And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, The Lord, have spoken!”

And The Lord gave a sign to Jeremiah, that He would always be watching and protecting him.

11 Then The Lord said to me, “Look, Jeremiah! What do you see?” And I replied, “I see a branch from an almond* tree.”
12 And The Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching, and I will certainly carry out all My plans.

*Almond- Ahaqed (Shaw-kade): The Almond tree; as being the earliest to bloom . (After winter.)

The Almond tree is the first to awaken (Wakefulness) to life after winter, showing its leaves.

11 Then The Lord said to me, “Look, Jeremiah! What do you see?” And I replied, “I see a branch from an almond tree.”
12 And The Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching, and I will certainly carry out all My plans.”

The Word:

Genesis 28:15 KJV
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

Psalm 32:8 KJV
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.

Psalm 34:15 KJV
The eyes of The Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.

Psalm 121:8 KJV
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

Proverbs 15:3 KJV
The eyes of The Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Prayer:

Psalm 33:18 KJV
Behold, the eye of The Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy;