Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, July 8, 2021

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Self-Respect Versus Debasement:

 

The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson

(Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)


https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html


Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Self-Respect Versus Debasement:

Bible Texts:

 Self-Respect;

I Timothy 4:16 NLT
Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you. 

Debasement:

Isaiah 57:9 NLT
You have gone to Molech with olive oil and many perfumes,
sending your agents far and wide, even to the world of the dead. 

The Word; Self-Respect:

Genesis 1:26 NLT
Then God said, “Let us make human beings in Our image, to be like Us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

II Samuel 22:33 KJV
God is my strength and power: and He maketh my way perfect.

Job 4:6 NLT
Doesn’t your reverence for God give you confidence? Doesn’t your life of integrity give you hope?

Psalm 30:6 KJV
When I was prosperous, I said, “Nothing can stop me now!”

Psalm 71:5 KJV
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Psalm 89:15-18 NLT
15 Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
16 They rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation. They exult in your righteousness.
17 You are their glorious strength. It pleases you to make us strong.
18 Yes, our protection comes from the Lord, and he, the Holy One of Israel, has given us our king.

Psalm 118:14 KJV
The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

Psalm 139:13,14 NLT
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

Proverbs 20:3 NLT
Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling.

Proverbs 31:25 NLT (A Wife of Noble Character)
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.

Daniel 10:19 KJV (Daniel)
“Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”
As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, “Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me.”

Matthew 7:12 KJV
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is The Law and The Prophets.

Matthew 22:39 KJV
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Mark 5:25-28 KJV
25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched His garment.
28 For she said, If I may touch but His clothes, I shall be whole

Mark 12:31 KJV
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

John 7:18 NLT
Those who speak for themselves want glory only for themselves, but A Person who seeks to honor The One who sent Him speaks Truth, not lies.  

Romans 12:3 KJV
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

I Corinthians 3:16,17 KJV
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that The Spirit Of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

I Corinthians 6:12-20 NLT (Avoiding Sexual Sin)
12 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything. 
13 You say, “Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.” (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for The Lord, and The Lord cares about our bodies. 
14 And God will raise us from the dead by His power, just as He raised our Lord from the dead.
15 Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never! 
16 And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.” 
17 But the person who is joined to The Lord is one spirit with Him.
18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of The Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 
20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

I Corinthians 12:22-25 KJV
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked.
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

II Corinthians 1:12 NLT
We can say with confidence and a clear conscience that we have lived with a God-given holiness and sincerity in all our dealings. We have depended on God’s grace, not on our own human wisdom. That is how we have conducted ourselves before the world, and especially toward you.  

Galatians 6:1,3,4 NLT
1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are Godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 
3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.
4 Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.  

Ephesians 2:19-22 NLT (A Temple for The Lord)
19 So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. 
20 Together, we are His house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And The Cornerstone is Christ Jesus Himself. 
21 We are carefully joined together in Him, becoming a holy temple for The Lord. 
22 Through Him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by His Spirit.
 
Ephesians 5:29 KJV
No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church. 

Philippians 3:4-7 NLT
4 though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!
5 I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. 
6 I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed The Law without fault.
7 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 

I Thessalonians 4:3,4 NLT
3 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. 
4 Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor—

I Timothy 5:1,2 NLT
1 Never speak harshly to an older man, but appeal to him respectfully as you would to your own father. Talk to younger men as you would to your own brothers. 
2 Treat older women as you would your mother, and treat younger women with all purity as you would your own sisters.

Titus 2:2 KJV
Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience.

II Timothy 4:17 NLT
But The Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach The Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And He rescued me from certain death.

Hebrews 13:18 KJV
Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

James 1:9,10 KJV
9 Believers who are poor have something to boast about, for God has honored them. 
10 And those who are rich should boast that God has humbled them. They will fade away like a little flower in the field. 

Jude 1:22 KJV
And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering.

The Word: Debasement:

Genesis 18:27 KJV
Then Abraham spoke again. “Since I have begun, let me speak further to my Lord, even though I am but dust and ashes.

Exodus 3:11 NLT
But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?”
 
Exodus 4:10 NLT
But Moses pleaded with The Lord, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”

Jeremiah 3:25 NLT
Let us now lie down in shame and cover ourselves with dishonor, for we and our ancestors have sinned against The Lord our God. From our childhood to this day we have never obeyed Him.”

Mark 1:7 KJV
And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

Luke 7:6-10 KJV
6 So Jesus went with them. But just before they arrived at the house, the officer sent some friends to say, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. 
7 I am not even worthy to come and meet you. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 
8 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”
9 When Jesus heard this, He was amazed. Turning to the crowd that was following Him, He said, “I tell you, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!” 
10 And when the officer’s friends returned to his house, they found the slave completely healed.

I Corinthians 15:9 NLT
For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church.

Philippians 2:5-8 KJV
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6 Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
7 Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being.
When He appeared in human form,
8 He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.

Colossians 2:18,23 NLT
18 Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, 
23 These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.

Prayer:

II Corinthians 6:16 KJV
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of The Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God