Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Sunday, April 7, 2019

Matthew 16:19


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
What does the scripture Matthew 16:19 mean?...”
Laurance/ Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

Matthew 16:18,19 KJV
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou are Peter*, and upon this Rock* I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be be loosed in heaven.

*Peter-Petros Greek: (Petros): A piece of rock. Petrus, an apostle.

*Rock-Petra-Greek: (Pet-ra): A mass of Rock.

It certainly does “not,” mean our Lord was ascribing any special powers to Peter!

Jesus alone, has the authority to bind up believers for heaven, or to judge Christ rejectors to hell.

Revelation 1:8,18 KJV
8 I am Alpha And Omega, The Beginning And The Ending, saith The Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, The Almighty.
18 I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

This same promise of Matthew 16:19 is given again, to all the disciples!

Matthew 18:18 KJV
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 28:19,20 KJV
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of The Father, and The Son, and of The Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

What was “The Rock,” that the church would be built upon? It was Peter's confession of faith.

Matthew 16:15,16 KJV
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art The Christ, The Son Of The Living God.

Here is a wonderful Bible study for the avid Bible student. With concordance in hand, read how many times in the book of Psalms, The Lord is called “The Rock.”

Psalm 18:2,31,46 KJV
2 The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler (Shield), and the Horn (The Strength) of my salvation, and my High Tower (Strong Hold).
31 For who is God save The Lord? Or who is a Rock save our God?
46 The Lord liveth; and blessed be my Rock and let The God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalm 28:1 NLT
O Lord, you are my Rock Of Safety, Please help me...”

Psalm 31:3 NLT
You are my Rock and my Fortress...”

What is binding and loosing by the Apostles?
It is the preaching The Gospel.

Acts 2:21 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of The Lord shall be saved.

When, through the witnessing of The Word, someone receives The Lord, they are loosed from judgment, and given new Life.
When through the witnessing of The Word, someone rejects The Lord and His message, they are bound for judgment.

Prayer:

Hebrews 10:31 KJV
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of The Living God.

Hebrews 3:15 NLT
But never forget the warning:
Today you must listen to His voice.
Don't harden your hearts against Him as Israel did when they rebelled.