Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Reason Versus Folly.

 

The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson

           (Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Reason Versus Folly.


Bible Texts:

Reason:

Proverbs 26:16 NLT
Lazy people consider themselves smarter than seven wise counselors.

Folly:

Proverbs 10:10 CEV
Deceit causes trouble, and foolish talk will bring you to ruin.

The Word; Reason:


Job 12:20 NLT
He silences the trusted adviser and removes the insight of the elders.

Isaiah 1:18-20 KJV
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith The Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of The Lord hath spoken it.

Isaiah 29:14 NLT
Because of this, I will once again astound these hypocrites with amazing wonders. The wisdom of the wise will pass away, and the intelligence of the intelligent will disappear.”

Isaiah 55:8,9 KJV
8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith The Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.
 
Acts 17:2-4,17,22,23 NLT
2 As was Paul’s custom, he went to the synagogue service, and for three Sabbaths in a row he used The Scriptures to reason with the people. 
3 He explained the prophecies and proved that The Messiah must suffer and rise from the dead. He said, “This Jesus I’m telling you about is The Messiah.” 
4 Some of the Jews who listened were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, along with many God-fearing Greek men and quite a few prominent women.
17 He went to the synagogue to reason with the Jews and the God-fearing Gentiles, and he spoke daily in the public square to all who happened to be there.
22 So Paul, standing before the council,[e] addressed them as follows: “Men of Athens, I notice that you are very religious in every way, 
23 for as I was walking along I saw your many shrines. And one of your altars had this inscription on it: ‘To an Unknown God.’ This God, whom you worship without knowing, is the one I’m telling you about.

Acts 18:4 NLT
Each Sabbath found Paul at the synagogue, trying to convince the Jews and Greeks alike. 

Romans 1:19,20 NLT
19 They know The Truth about God because He has made it obvious to them. 
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Romans 2:14,15 NLT
14 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know His law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 
15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right. 

I Corinthians 1:18-31 NLT (The Wisdom of God)
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 
19 As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”
20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 
21 Since God in His wisdom saw to it that the world would never know Him through human wisdom, He has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 
22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 
23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.
24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is The Power Of God and The Wisdom Of God. 
25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.
26 Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. 
27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And He chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. 
28 God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. 
29 As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.
30 God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Him to be Wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin. 
31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about The Lord.”

I Corinthians 13:11 KJV
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Hebrews 11:17-19 NLT
17 It was by faith that Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice when God was testing him. Abraham, who had received God’s promises, was ready to sacrifice his only son, Isaac, 
18 even though God had told him, “Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted.” 
19 Abraham reasoned that if Isaac died, God was able to bring him back to life again. And in a sense, Abraham did receive his son back from the dead.

The Word; Folly;


Numbers 12:1-16 NLT (The Complaints of Miriam and Aaron)
1 While they were at Hazeroth, Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because he had married a Cushite woman. 
2 They said, “Has The Lord spoken only through Moses? Hasn’t He spoken through us, too?” But The Lord heard them. 
3 (Now Moses was very humble—more humble than any other person on earth.)
4 So immediately The Lord called to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam and said, “Go out to the Tabernacle, all three of you!” So the three of them went to the Tabernacle. 
5 Then The Lord descended in the pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. “Aaron and Miriam!” He called, and they stepped forward. 
6 And The Lord said to them, “Now listen to what I say: “If there were prophets among you, I, The Lord, would reveal Myself in visions. I would speak to them in dreams.
7 But not with My servant Moses. Of all My house, he is the one I trust.
8 I speak to him face to face, clearly, and not in riddles! He sees The Lord as He is. So why were you not afraid to criticize My servant Moses?”
9 The Lord was very angry with them, and He departed. 
10 As the cloud moved from above the Tabernacle, there stood Miriam, her skin as white as snow from leprosy. When Aaron saw what had happened to her, 
11 he cried out to Moses, “Oh, my master! Please don’t punish us for this sin we have so foolishly committed. 
12 Don’t let her be like a stillborn baby, already decayed at birth.”
13 So Moses cried out to The Lord, “O God, I beg you, please heal her!”
14 But The Lord said to Moses, “If her father had done nothing more than spit in her face, wouldn’t she be defiled for seven days? So keep her outside the camp for seven days, and after that she may be accepted back.”
15 So Miriam was kept outside the camp for seven days, and the people waited until she was brought back before they traveled again. 
16 Then they left Hazeroth and camped in the wilderness of Paran.

Deuteronomy 32:5,6 NLT
5 “But they have acted corruptly toward Him; when they act so perversely, are they really His children? They are a deceitful and twisted generation.
6 Is this the way you repay The Lord, you foolish and senseless people? Isn’t He your Father who created you? Has He not made you and established you?

I Samuel 13:13 KJV
And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of The Lord thy God, which He commanded thee: for now would The Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.

II Samuel 24:10 KJV
And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto The Lord, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

I Chronicles 21:8 KJV
And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

II Chronicles 16;7-9 NLT
7 At that time Hanani the seer came to King Asa and told him, “Because you have put your trust in the king of Aram instead of in The Lord your God, you missed your chance to destroy the army of the king of Aram. 
8 Don’t you remember what happened to the Ethiopians and Libyans and their vast army, with all of their chariots and charioteers? At that time you relied on The Lord, and He handed them over to you. 
9 The eyes of The Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. What a fool you have been! From now on you will be at war.”

Isaiah 19:11-13 NLT
11 What fools are the officials of Zoan! Their best counsel to the king of Egypt is stupid and wrong. Will they still boast to Pharaoh of their wisdom? Will they dare brag about all their wise ancestors?
12 Where are your wise counselors, Pharaoh? Let them tell you what God plans, what The Lord Of Heaven’s Armies is going to do to Egypt.
13 The officials of Zoan are fools, and the officials of Memphis are deluded. The leaders of the people have led Egypt astray.

Isaiah 29:14 NLT
Because of this, I will once again astound these hypocrites with amazing wonders. The wisdom of the wise will pass away, and the intelligence of the intelligent will disappear.”

Isaiah 44;25 NLT
I expose the false prophets as liars and make fools of fortune-tellers. I cause the wise to give bad advice, thus proving them to be fools.

Isaiah 55:8 NLT
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says The Lord. “And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

Jeremiah 4:22 NLT
“My people are foolish and do not know Me,” says The Lord. “They are stupid children who have no understanding. They are clever enough at doing wrong, but they have no idea how to do right!”

Jeremiah 10:8,21 NLT
8 People who worship idols are stupid and foolish. The things they worship are made of wood!
21 The shepherds of My people have lost their senses. They no longer seek wisdom from The Lord. Therefore, they fail completely, and their flocks are scattered.

Jeremiah 50:36 NLT
The sword will strike her wise counselors, and they will become fools. The sword will strike her mightiest warriors, and panic will seize them.

Ezekiel 13:3 NLT
This is what The Sovereign Lord says: What sorrow awaits the false prophets who are following their own imaginations and have seen nothing at all!’

Hosea 9:7 NLT
The time of Israel’s punishment has come; the day of payment is here. Soon Israel will know this all too well. Because of your great sin and hostility, you say, “The prophets are crazy and the inspired men are fools!”

Matthew 7:26 KJV
And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

Matthew 23:16,17 KJV
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

Matthew 25:1-3 KJV
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

Luke 12:16-21 KJV
16 And He spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Romans 1:22 KJV
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

I Corinthians 1:18-25 KJV
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ The Power Of God, and The Wisdom Of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

I Corinthians 3:19,20 NLT
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As The Scriptures say, “He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness.”
20 And again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise; He knows they are worthless.”

I Corinthians 4:10 NLT
Our dedication to Christ makes us look like fools, but you claim to be so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are so powerful! You are honored, but we are ridiculed.

II Corinthians 11:1,16-21 NLT  
1 I hope you will put up with a little more of my foolishness. Please bear with me. 
16 Again I say, don’t think that I am a fool to talk like this. But even if you do, listen to me, as you would to a foolish person, while I also boast a little. 
17 Such boasting is not from The Lord, but I am acting like a fool. 18 And since others boast about their human achievements, I will, too. 
19 After all, you think you are so wise, but you enjoy putting up with fools! 
20 You put up with it when someone enslaves you, takes everything you have, takes advantage of you, takes control of everything, and slaps you in the face. 
21 I’m ashamed to say that we’ve been too “weak” to do that! But whatever they dare to boast about—I’m talking like a fool again—I dare to boast about it, too.

II Corinthians 12:6 NLT
If I wanted to boast, I would be no fool in doing so, because I would be telling The Truth. But I won’t do it, because I don’t want anyone to give me credit beyond what they can see in my life or hear in my message, 

Prayer:

I Peter 3:15 NLT
Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it.