Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Gossip


THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
Bible Prayer Line Index



Bible Questions Answered:
“...my friend always tells me all the junk she has heard...I don't know just what to tell her...”
Sandy/ Newport, Tennessee U.S.A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:
Gossip:

A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others.
Merriam-Webster.Com

Idle talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others.
Dictionary.Com

Gossip, The Word:

Exodus 23:1 NLT
You must not pass along false rumors..."

Leviticus 19:16 NLT
Do not spread slanderous gossip among your people..."

Psalm 5:9 KJV
For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulcher; they flatter with their tongue.

Psalm 34:11-13 NLT
11 Come, my children, and listen to me, and I will teach you to fear The Lord.
12 Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous?
13 Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!

Psalm 39:1 KJV
I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

Psalm 50:19-22 NLT
19 Your mouth is filled with wickedness, and your tongue is full of lies.
20 You sit around and slander your brother— your own mother’s son.
21 While you did all this, I remained silent, and you thought I didn’t care. But now I will rebuke you, listing all My charges against you.
22 Repent, all of you who forget Me, or I will tear you apart, and no one will help you.

Psalm 52:1-5 NLT
1 Why do you boast about your crimes, great warrior? Don’t you realize God’s justice continues forever?
2 All day long you plot destruction. Your tongue cuts like a sharp razor; you’re an expert at telling lies.
3 You love evil more than good and lies more than truth. Interlude
4 You love to destroy others with your words, you liar!
5 But God will strike you down once and for all. He will pull you from your home and uproot you from the land of the living.

Psalm 57:4-6 NLT
4 I am surrounded by fierce lions who greedily devour human prey—whose teeth pierce like spears and arrows, and whose tongues cut like swords.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens! May your glory shine over all the earth.
6 My enemies have set a trap for me. I am weary from distress.
They have dug a deep pit in my path, but they themselves have fallen into it.

Proverbs 10:18 NLT
Hiding hatred makes you a liar; slandering others makes you a fool.

Proverbs 11:13 NLT
A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.

Proverbs 16:28 NLT
A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends.

Proverbs 17:9 NLT
Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.

Proverbs 18:6,7,21 NLT
6 Fools’ words get them into constant quarrels; they are asking for a beating.
7 The mouths of fools are their ruin; they trap themselves with their lips.
21 The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.

Proverbs 20:19 NLT
A gossip goes around telling secrets, so don’t hang around with chatterers.

Proverbs 25:18 NLT
Telling lies about others is as harmful as hitting them with an ax, wounding them with a sword, or shooting them with a sharp arrow.

Proverbs 26;20 NLT
Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops.

Romans 1:28,29 NLT
28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, He abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.
29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.

II Corinthians 12:20 NLT
For I am afraid that when I come I won’t like what I find, and you won’t like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, anger, selfishness, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorderly behavior.

Ephesians 4:29 NLT
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

II Thessalonians 3:11,12 NLT
11 Yet we hear that some of you are living idle lives, refusing to work and meddling in other people’s business.
12 We command such people and urge them in the name of The Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and work to earn their own living.

I Timothy 5:13 NLT
And if they are on the list, they will learn to be lazy and will spend their time gossiping from house to house, meddling in other people’s business and talking about things they shouldn’t.

Titus 3:1,2 NLT
1 Remind the believers...
2 They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.

James 1:26 NLT
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.

James 3:2-12 NLT (Someone always dumping gossip on you? Tell them, “you need to read James 3!”
2 “...we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.
3 We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth.
4 And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong.
5 In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.
6 And among all the parts of the body, the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.
7 People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and fish,
8 but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God.
10 And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!
11 Does a spring of water bubble out with both fresh water and bitter water?
12 Does a fig tree produce olives, or a grapevine produce figs? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty spring.

James 4:11,12 NLT (Warning against Judging Others)
11 Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you.
12 God alone, who gave the law, is The Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?

I Peter 3:10 KJV
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Prayer:

Psalm 15:1-3 NLT
1 Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
2 Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking The Truth from sincere hearts.
3 Those who refuse to gossip or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends.

Psalm 19:14 KJV
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 120:2 KJV
Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.

Psalm 141:3,4 NLT
3 Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.
4 Don’t let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong.