Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, October 2, 2021

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Unselfishness Versus Selfishness.

 

The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson

(Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)

https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html

Bible Lesson: Marks Of Godly Character Versus Marks Of Non-Christian Character: Unselfishness Versus Selfishness.

 
Bible Texts:

Unselfishness:


Genesis 50:19-21 NLT
19 But Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? 
20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. 
21 No, don’t be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children.” So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them.

Philippians 2:4 NLT
Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

Selfishness:


Proverbs 13:14 NLT
The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;  those who accept it avoid the snares of death.

Matthew 25:42,43 NLT
42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed Me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give Me a drink. 
43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite Me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give Me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit Me.’ 

The Word Concerning, Unselfishness:


Leviticus 19:18 NLT
“Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am The Lord.

Proverbs 19:17 NLT
If you help the poor, you are lending to The Lord— and He will repay you!

Mark 12:30,31 KJV
30 And thou shalt love The Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Luke 6:27,28 KJV
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Luke 22:42 NLT
“Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from Me. Yet I want your will to be done, not Mine.”

John 5:30 NLT
I can do nothing on My own. I judge as God tells Me. Therefore, My judgment is just, because I carry out the will of The One who sent Me, not My own will.

Romans 15:1-7 NLT
1 We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. 
2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in The Lord. 
3 For even Christ didn’t live to please Himself. As The Scriptures say, “The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on Me.” 
4 Such things were written in The Scriptures long ago to teach us. And The Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
5 May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. 
6 Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. 

I Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

II Corinthians 8:9 NLT
You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, so that by His poverty He could make you rich.

Galatians 5:13 NLT
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 

Philippians 2:2-8  NLT
2 Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 
4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6 Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
7 Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being.
When He appeared in human form,
8  He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. 

I Peter 3:8 NLT (All Christians)
Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. 

The Word Concerning, Selfishness:


Psalm 119:36 NLT
Give me an eagerness for your laws rather than a love for money!

Proverbs 11:25 NLT
The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

Proverbs 18:2 NLT
Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.

Mark 8:34 KJV
And when He had called the people unto Him with His disciples also, He said unto them, Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Acts 20:24 NLT
But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by The Lord Jesus—the work of telling others The Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

Romans 15:2 NLT
We should help others do what is right and build them up in The Lord.

I Corinthians 3:18 NLT
Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise.

I Corinthians 10:24 NLT
Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.

I Corinthians 13:4,5 NLT
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of The Son Of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Philippians 2:3,12,13 KJV
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

James 3:16 NLT
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Prayer:


Romans 12:10 KJV
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;