Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, June 13, 2020

Jesus



THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered
(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)
ible Prayer Line Index


Bible Questions Answered:
“What is the meaning of the name Jesus?...”
Sheila/ Riverside, California U.S. A.

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:

The Word:

Jesus (IPA: /ˈdʒiːzəs/) is a masculine given name derived from the name Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew name Yeshua or Y'shua (Hebrew: ישוע‎).[1][2] As its roots lie in the name Yeshua/Y'shua, it is etymologically related to another biblical name, Joshua.

The name Jesus is derived from the Hebrew name Yeshua/Y'shua, which is based on the Semitic root y-š-ʕ (Hebrew: ישע‎), meaning "to deliver; to rescue."[3][4][5] Yeshua/Y'shua was in common use by Jews during the Second Temple period and many Jewish religious figures bear the name, notably Jesus Christ in the New Testament, and Joshua in the Hebrew Bible.
Wikipedia.Org

Exodus 3:3-17 NLT
13 But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is His name?’ Then what should I tell them?”
14 God replied to Moses, “I am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.”
15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is My eternal name, My name to remember for all generations.
16 “Now go and call together all the elders of Israel. Tell them, ‘Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—has appeared to me. He told me, “I have been watching closely, and I see how the Egyptians are treating you.
17 I have promised to rescue you from your oppression in Egypt. I will lead you to a land flowing with milk and honey..."

Yahweh "Rescue"

Matthew 1:21 KJV
And she shall bring forth A Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins.

Luke 1:31 KJV
You will conceive and give birth to A Son, and you will name Him Jesus.

Yeshua "Yahweh saves."

Savior:

Isaiah 43:3,11
3 For I am The Lord thy God, The Holy One Of Israel, thy Savior..."
11 I, even I, am The Lord; and beside Me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21 KJV
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I The Lord? and there is no God else beside Me; A Just God and A Savior; there is none beside Me.

Hosea 13:4 KJV
Yet I am The Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but Me: for there is no savior beside Me.

Luke 1:47 KJV (Mary, mother of Jesus)
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.

Luke 2:11 KJV
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ The Lord.

Acts 5:31 KJV
Him hath God exalted with His Right Hand to be A Prince and A Savior, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

I Timothy 4:10 KJV
For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in The Living God, who is The Savior of all men, specially of those that believe.

Jesus Saves

We have heard the joyful sound:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Spread the tidings all around:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Bear the news to every land,
Climb the mountains, cross the waves;
Onward! ’tis our Lord’s command;
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!

Waft it on the rolling tide:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Tell to sinners far and wide:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Sing, you islands of the sea;
Echo back, you ocean caves;
Earth shall keep her jubilee:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!

Sing above the battle strife:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
By His death and endless life
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Shout it brightly through the gloom,
When the heart for mercy craves;
Sing in triumph o’er the tomb:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!

Give the winds a mighty voice:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Let the nations now rejoice:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!
Shout salvation full and free;
Highest hills and deepest caves;
This our song of victory:
Jesus saves! Jesus saves!

Author: Priscilla J. Owens

Hear the music, copy and paste this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9t7dhDGxg

Prayer:

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto The Father, but by Me.