Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, December 13, 2014

Moses-Why He Could Not Enter Canaan?

Bible Questions Answered:
“Why couldn't moses enter Canaan?”
Lucille/ Guelph, Ontario Canada

Bible Answer:
Bible Text: (Read Numbers 13,14,20)

The Lord had lead Israel up to the borders of Canaan, to spie out the land and to conquer and possess it.
But Israel, would not do so, believing that the land had walled cities and giants, so they refused The Lords command.

Israel's judgment:
Numbers 14:34,35 NLT
34 “‘Because your men explored the land for forty days, you must wander in the wilderness for forty years—a year for each day, suffering the consequences of your sins. Then you will discover what it is like to have Me for an enemy.’
35 I, The Lord, have spoken! I will certainly do these things to every member of the community who has conspired against Me. They will be destroyed here in this wilderness, and here they will die!”

Sentenced to 40 years of wanderings in the desert, wanderings until all who had complained and refused The Lord's wishes, had dropped dead in the desert.

While wandering in the desert, Israel needed water.

Numbers 20:1-13 NLT
1 In the first month of the year, the whole community of Israel arrived in the wilderness of Zin and camped at Kadesh. While they were there, Miriam died and was buried.
2 There was no water for the people to drink at that place, so they rebelled against Moses and Aaron.
3 The people blamed Moses and said, “If only we had died in The Lord’s presence with our brothers!
4 Why have you brought the congregation of The Lord’s people into this wilderness to die, along with all our livestock?
5 Why did you make us leave Egypt and bring us here to this terrible place? This land has no grain, no figs, no grapes, no pomegranates, and no water to drink!”
6 Moses and Aaron turned away from the people and went to the entrance of the Tabernacle, where they fell face down on the ground. Then the glorious presence of The Lord appeared to them,
7 and The Lord said to Moses,
8 “You and Aaron must take the staff and assemble the entire community. As the people watch,
speak to The Rock over there, and it will pour out its water. You will provide enough water from The Rock to satisfy the whole community and their livestock.”
9 So Moses did as he was told. He took the staff from the place where it was kept before The Lord.
10 Then he and Aaron summoned the people to come and gather at The Rock. “Listen, you rebels!” he shouted. “Must we bring you water from this Rock?”
11 Then Moses raised his hand and struck the rock twice with the staff, and water gushed out. So the entire community and their livestock drank their fill.
12 But The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust Me enough to demonstrate My holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!”
13 This place was known as the waters of Meribah (which means “arguing”) because there the people of Israel argued with The Lord, and there He demonstrated His holiness among them.

The Lord had told Moses and Aaron, to “speak to The Rock”/ but Moses and Aaron, acted in their own fleshly might, by striking the Rock twice, and water came forth.

They had disobeyed the simplest of commands of The Lord.

Numbers 20:12 NLT
But The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust Me enough to demonstrate My holiness to the people of Israel, you (Moses and Aaron.) will not lead them into the land I am giving them!”

The message here of Israel, and of Moses and Aaron is this, disobedience, costs us!

Disobedience:

Deuteronomy 11:28 KJV
And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of The Lord your God, but turn aside out of The Way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

I Samuel 12:15 KJV
But if ye will not obey the voice of The Lord, but rebel against the commandment of The Lord, then shall the hand of The Lord be against you, as it was against your fathers.

Ephesians 5:6,7 KJV
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

II Thessalonians 1:8 KJV
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 2:1-3 KJV
1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if The Word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by
The Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him;

In Biblical Typology, The Rock (Numbers 20), represents The Lord!

NO, not Peter, wouldn't be born for many centuries!
The Rock, is none other than The Lord!

Peter's confession was about Christ, who is The Rock of our salvation (Psalm 95:1 KJV).
Matthew 16:18 KJV
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art The Christ, The Son Of The Living God.

Christ The Rock:
One hundred and six times our Bible talks about The Rock, here are but a few examples.

John 5:39 KJV
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me.

Psalm 18:2 KJV
The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler (Shield), and the horn (power) of my Salvation, and my High Tower.

Psalm 18:31 KJV
For who is God save The Lord? or who is a Rock save our God?

Psalm 18:46 KJV
The Lord liveth; and blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalm 27:5 KJV
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a Rock.

Psalm 28:1 KJV
Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my Rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Psalm 31:2 KJV
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong Rock, for an house of defense to save me.

Psalm 31:3 KJV
For thou art my Rock and my Fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 40:2 KJV
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a Rock, and established my goings.

Psalm 42:9 KJV
I will say unto God my Rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

Psalm 61:2 KJV
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to The Rock that is higher than I.

Psalm 62:2 KJV
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 62:6 KJV
He only is my Rock and my salvation: He is my Defense; I shall not be moved.

Psalm 62:7 KJV
In God is my Salvation and my glory: The Rock of my Strength, and my Refuge, is in God.

Psalm 71:3 KJV
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my Rock and my Fortress.

Psalm 78:16 KJV
He brought streams also out of The Rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers.

Psalm 78:20 KJV
Behold, He smote The Rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can He give bread also? can He provide flesh for His people?

Psalm 78:35 KJV
And they remembered that God was their Rock, and The High God their redeemer.

Psalm 81:16 KJV
He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of The Rock should I have satisfied thee.

Psalm 89:26 KJV
He shall cry unto Me, Thou art My Father, My God, and The Rock of my salvation.

Psalm 92:15 KJV
To shew that The Lord is upright: He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Psalm 94:22 KJV
But The Lord is my defense; and my God is The Rock of my refuge.

Psalm 95:1 KJV
O come, let us sing unto The Lord: let us make a joyful noise to The Rock of our salvation.

Psalm 105:41 KJV
He opened The Rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river.

John 19:34 KJV
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced His side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Psalm 114:8 KJV
Which turned The Rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters.

The Lord Jesus Christ is The Rock Of Salvation. He would be struck once not twice.
Out from His side, came life giving blood and water.

Psalm 62:2 KJV
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 18:46 KJV
The Lord liveth; and blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.
Only through The Rock is there life giving sustenance!
Acceptance and Obedience gives life, disobedience brings death.

John 1:4 KJV
In Him was life..."

John 10:10 KJV
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 11:25 KJV
Jesus said unto her (Martha), I am The Resurrection, and The Life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

I John 5:12 KJV
He that hath The Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Dear friend, receive The Rock of salvation into your heart and life today, He loves you so much, He took your place in judgment.