Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Saturday, November 29, 2014

Prayer-Who To Pray To - 2

Bible Questions Answered:
“I not sure just who we pray to, or does it matter?...”
John/ Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Bible Answer:
Bible Texts:

The example we must follow, is the example given to us by The Lord, Himself.

Matthew 6:9 KJV
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Jesus said we are to pray to our heavenly Father.
The wonderful truth is that our God is a triune God. Three distinct personalities that are “one” in eternal unity.

Then it may be said that when we pray to one we are praying to the others as well.
Christians, pray to The Father, in Jesus name by the power of The Holy Spirit.

When we ask a request to The Father, and we ask in Jesus name, our Lord says He will do it.

John 14:13,14 KJV
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that The Father may be glorified in The Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.

Notice here, that when you ask The Father for a request, Jesus says He hears, and he will do it, so that The Father will be glorified.

So when you pray to The Father, yes we are praying to The Lord and Holy Spirit, as well.

(Model prayers by the Apostle Paul.)
Romans 15:30 NLT
Dear brothers and sisters, I urge you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join in my struggle by praying to God for me. Do this because of your love for me, given to you by The Holy Spirit.

II Corinthians 13:14 NLT
May the grace of The Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of The Holy Spirit be with you all.

Praying to Jesus:

Acts 2:21 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of The Lord shall be saved.

I Corinthians 1:2,9 KJV
2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship* of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

*Fellowship-Greek: Koinonia (Koy-nohn-ee-ah): Partnership, to communicate, communion, fellowship.

Yes we may pray to The Lord Jesus, but it was our Lord's desire to bring us to The Father!

Romans 8:15 KJV
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received
The Spirit Of Adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Galatians 4:6 KJV
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth The Spirit Of His Son into your hearts, crying,
Abba, Father.

Praying To Our Heavenly Father:

John 16:23 KJV
And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask
The Father in My name, He will give it you.

What do the words “in that day” refer to?
Jesus was speaking of the day when He would rise up from the dead and be seated at the right hand of The Father in heaven (John 14:1-3,12,19,20/ John 16:5,10, 16,23-27).

John 16:24-28 KJV
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of The Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in My name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God.
28 I came forth from The Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to
The Father.

Dear Christian, we are to go to The Father in prayer asking our requests in Jesus name, through the power of His Spirit.

Ephesians 5:20 NLT
And give thanks for everything to God The Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.