Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Thursday, April 22, 2021

Praying For Others

 

THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered

(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)

Bible Prayer Line Index


https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html


Bible Questions Answered:
“...I pray for my parents, do we have to pray for others?...”
Amanda/ Hilton, New York  U.S.A.   
 
Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:
 
Intercession
The act of interceding
Prayer, petition, or entreaty in favor of another
Merriam-Webster.com

Intercessor  (ĭn′tər-sĕs′ər)
One that intercedes.
Intercession: Entreaty in favor of another, especially a prayer or petition to God in behalf of another.
TheFreeDictionary.Com

As Christians, we should want to pray for others. One reason we came to The Lord, is no doubt  the answer to the prayers  of others, who took the time to pray for us!

Intercession For Others, The Word:

Job 42:10 KJV
When Job prayed for his friends, The Lord restored his fortunes. In fact, The Lord gave him twice as much as before!

Matthew 5:44 KJV
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luke 6:27,28 KJV
27 “But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 
28 Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.

Acts 1:14 NLT
They all met together and were constantly united in prayer, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, several other women, and the brothers of Jesus.

Romans 8:26 NLT
And The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But The Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.

Romans 12:12 KJV
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

II Corinthians 1:11 NLT
And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.

Galatians 6:2 KJV
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill The Law Of Christ.

Ephesians 6:18 KJV
Pray in The Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Philippians 1:18-21 KJV
18 But that doesn’t matter. Whether their motives are false or genuine, the message about Christ is being preached either way, so I rejoice. And I will continue to rejoice. 
19 For I know that as you pray for me and The Spirit Of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance.
20 For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. 

Colossians 4:2-4 NLT
2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. 
3 Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about His mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. 
4 Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.

I Timothy 2:1,2 KJV
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all Godliness and honesty.

Hebrews 7:24,25 KJV
24 But this Man (The resurrected Lord Jesus), because He continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.

James 5:16 KJV
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

As Christians, we should always be praying!

I Thessalonians 5:17,18 KJV
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

It sure isn't  hard to come up with a list of people to pray for. Pray for your parents, and siblings. Pray for your spouse, brothers, sisters, and inlaws. Pray for your Pastor,  and church, community leaders, law enforcement officers, teachers, government officials from the top down. 

Romans 13:1 KJV
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Pray for  your employer, pray for those who you know, who do not know The Lord. Etc. etc. etc.

Luke 11:1 KJV
"...Lord, teach us to pray..."

Prayer:

John 17:1-26 NLT (The Prayer of Jesus)
1 After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, 
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so He can give glory back to you. 
2 For you have given Him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given Him. 
3 And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. 
4 I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave Me to do. 
5 Now, Father, bring Me into the glory we shared before the world began.

6 “I have revealed you to the ones you gave Me from this world. They were always yours. You gave them to Me, and they have kept your Word. 
7 Now they know that everything I have is A Gift from you, 
8 for I have passed on to them the message you gave Me. They accepted it and know that I came from You, and they believe You sent Me.

9 “My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given Me, because they belong to you. 
10 All who are Mine belong to You, and You have given them to Me, so they bring Me glory. 
11 Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to You. Holy Father, You have given Me Your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as We are. 
12 During My time here, I protected them by the power of the name you gave Me. I guarded them so that not one was lost, except the one headed for destruction, as The Scriptures foretold.

13 “Now I am coming to You. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with My joy. 
14 I have given them your Word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 
15 I’m not asking You to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 
16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 
17 Make them holy by your Truth; teach them your Word, which is Truth. 
18 Just as You sent Me into the world, I am sending them into the world. 
19 And I give Myself as a Holy Sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your Truth.

20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in Me through their message. 
21 I pray that they will all be one, just as You and I are one—as You are in Me, Father, and I am in You. And may they be in Us so that the world will believe You sent Me.

22 “I have given them the glory you gave Me, so they may be one as we are one. 
23 I am in them and You are in Me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that You sent Me and that You love them as much as You love Me. 
24 Father, I want these whom You have given Me to be with Me where I am. Then they can see all the glory You gave Me because You loved Me even before the world began!

25 “O Righteous Father, the world doesn’t know You, but I do; and these disciples know You sent Me. 26 I have revealed You to them, and I will continue to do s+o. Then your love for Me will be in them, and I will be in them.”