Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Monday, December 28, 2020

Matthew 3:11 The Holy Ghost And With Fire

 

THE BIBLE PRAYER LINE – Bible Questions Answered

(Copy and paste, this URL into a new web browser, and hit enter.)

Bible Prayer Line Index

https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html



Bible Questions Answered:
“Pastor, I read Matthew 3:11, and I am asking what is this baptism of fire Jesus is talking about?..;.”
 Art/ Glendale, Arizona  U.S.A. 

Bible Answer:

Bible Texts:
 
Matthew 3:11 KJV
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with The Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Luke 3:16 KJV
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: He shall baptize you with The Holy Ghost and with fire:

Jesus said that He had come to set the earth on fire!

Luke 12:49 KJV
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Luke 12:49 NLT
“I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! 
 
Luke 12:49 ERV
Jesus continued speaking: “I came to bring fire to the world. I wish it were already burning!

Luke 12:49 GNT
“I came to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already kindled! 

Luke 12:49 YLT
'Fire I came to cast to the earth, and what will I if already it was kindled?

Jesus t old His followers....

Luke 24:49 KJV
And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with Power from on high.

Acts 2:1-4 NLT (The Holy Spirit Comes)
! On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place. 
2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. 
3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 
4 And everyone present was filled with The Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as The Holy Spirit gave them this ability. 

It was the day of Pentecost, and the day of The Lord's promise fulfilled.

Luke 24:49 KJV
And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with Power from on high.

This was the baptism of The Holy Spirit. These worshiping disciples were both, baptized and endued with power by The Holy Spirit.

All Christians are baptized in The Holy Spirit. 

“Is that right pastor, would you happen to have a scripture for that?”

I Corinthians 12:13 KJV (The Apostle Paul)
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

I Corinthians 12:13 NLT
Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.

Who has baptized us  in The Spirit?

Jesus The Baptizer:

Mark 1:8 KJV (John the baptist)
I indeed have baptized you with water: but He (Jesus) shall baptize you with The Holy Ghost.

John 1:32,33 KJV (Baptism of Jesus)
32 And John bare record, saying, I saw The Spirit descending from heaven like A Dove, and it abode upon Him.
33 And I knew Him not: but He that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see The Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which baptizeth with The Holy Ghost. 

The day of Pentecost, was both the day of the baptism of The Spirit, and enduement of His power.

Every Christian has been baptized in The Spirit, but only those whe press on in worship, and obedience receive The Holy Spirit's enduement of power.

Luke 24:49 KJV
And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with Power from on high.
The Apostle Paul, asks an all important question....

I Corinthians 12:29,30 NLT
29 Are we all apostles? Are we all prophets? Are we all teachers? Do we all have the power to do miracles? 
30 Do we all have the gift of healing? Do we all have the ability to speak in unknown languages? Do we all have the ability to interpret unknown languages? Of course not!

Does this mean these Christians have “not,” been baptized in The Holy Spirit? No, for all Christians have been baptized in The Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 12:13 KJV (The Apostle Paul)
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

It means, though baptized in The Spirit, they have not all pressed on for The Holy Spirit's enduement of power.  This is spiritual power of The Holy Spirit, for the work of evangelism.

I Corinthians 12:29,30 NLT (Signs of The Holy Spirit's enduement of power)
29 Are we all apostles? Are we all prophets? Are we all teachers? Do we all have the power to do miracles? 
30 Do we all have the gift of healing? Do we all have the ability to speak in unknown languages? Do we all have the ability to interpret unknown languages?

When we became Christians, we were baptized in The Holy Spirit, by our Lord, but to have the enduement of power of The Holy Spirit, we as the early disciples, must press on in obedience and worship to receive His enduement of power.

Luke 24:49 KJV
And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with Power from on high.

Our world, is engulfed in fire today, and it is not earthly fire but the heavenly fire of God's Holy Spirit, 

John 16:5-11 NLT (The Work of the Holy Spirit
5 “But now I am going away to The One who sent Me, and not one of you is asking where I am going. 
6 Instead, you grieve because of what I’ve told you. 
7 But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, The Advocate (The Holy Spirit) won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send Him to you. 
8 And when He comes, He will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 
9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in Me. 
10 Righteousness is available because I go to The Father, and you will see Me no more. 
11 Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.

Prayer:
Ephesians 5:18 KJV
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with The Spirit;