Pastor Joseph J. Reine's two new books.


" Unlocking The Mysteries Of Prayer"

This short ebook could change your thinking about prayer, forever!


and

"SALVATION We Are Not Afraid!"

Catholicism Versus The Word Of God.

Traditions Of Men And What Saith The Lord.

Read first hand what your Bible says, you'll be

surprised to learn The Truth!

This book was written for thousands of people

to be liberated from ecclesiastical prisons.


http://www.amazon.com


Friday, November 16, 2018

Bible Lesson: Conversations With Jesus: Discipleship And It's Cost.


The Bible Prayer Line – Bible Lesson
(Copy and paste this URL into a new web browser and hit enter.)

https://thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com/2018/05/tbpl-index.html

Bible Lesson: Conversations With Jesus: Discipleship And It's Cost.

Luke 14:25-35 NLT (The Cost of Being a Disciple)
25 A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them,
26 “If you want to be My disciple, you must, by comparison, hate everyone else—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be My disciple.
27 And if you do not carry your own cross and follow Me, you cannot be My disciple.
28 “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?
29 Otherwise, you might complete only the foundation before running out of money, and then everyone would laugh at you.
30 They would say, ‘There’s the person who started that building and couldn’t afford to finish it!’
31 “Or what king would go to war against another king without first sitting down with his counselors to discuss whether his army of 10,000 could defeat the 20,000 soldiers marching against him?
32 And if he can’t, he will send a delegation to discuss terms of peace while the enemy is still far away. 33 So you cannot become My disciple without giving up everything you own.
34 “Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again?
35 Flavorless salt is good neither for the soil nor for the manure pile. It is thrown away. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!”

The Cost Of Discipleship:

Matthew 4:19,20 KJV
19 And He saith unto them, Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.
20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed Him.

Matthew 8:18-22 NLT (The Cost of Following Jesus)
18 When Jesus saw the crowd around Him, He instructed His disciples to cross to the other side of the lake.
19 Then one of the teachers of religious law said to Him, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”
20 But Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but The Son Of Man has no place even to lay His head.”
21 Another of His disciples said, “Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.”
22 But Jesus told him, “Follow Me now. Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead.”

Matthew 10:37-39 KJV
37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for My sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:24,25 KJV 24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.

Matthew 19:16-22 KJV
16 And, behold, one came and said unto Him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And He said unto him, Why callest thou Me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto Him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto Him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow Me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Matthew 28:16-20 KJV
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 8:34,35 KJV
34 And when He had called the people unto Him with His disciples also, He said unto them, Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and The Gospel's, the same shall save it.

Mark 10:29-31 KJV
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My sake, and The Gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal Life.
31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Luke 6:40 KJV
The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Luke 9:23,24,57-62 KJV
23 And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it.
57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto Him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but The Son Of Man hath not where to lay His head.
59 And He said unto another, Follow Me. But he said, Lord, suffer (permit) me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke 12:32-34 KJV
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Luke 14:25-27 NLT
25 A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them,
26 “If you want to be My disciple, you must, by comparison, hate everyone else—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be My disciple.
27 And if you do not carry your own cross and follow Me, you cannot be My disciple.

Luke 16:13 NLT
No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.”

John 8:31,32 KJV
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My Word, then are ye My disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know The Truth, and The Truth shall make you free.

John 12:25 KJV
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto Life eternal.

John 13:12-15,35 KJV
12 So after He had washed their feet, and had taken His garments, and was set down again, He said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call Me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:8,16,20 NLT
8 When you produce much fruit, you are My true disciples. This brings great glory to My Father.
16 You didn’t choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that The Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name.
20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted Me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to Me, they would listen to you.

John 16:13,33 KJV
13 Howbeit when He, The Spirit Of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all Truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22 NLT
where they strengthened the believers. They encouraged them to continue in the faith, reminding them that we must suffer many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God.

Acts 20:24 KJV
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of The Lord Jesus, to testify The Gospel of the ngrace of God.

Romans 8:29,36,37 KJV
29 For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be The Firstborn among many brethren.
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

Romans 12:1,2,11,14 KJV
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving The Lord;
14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Romans 14:7 NLT
For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves.

II Corinthians 5:15,17 KJV
15 And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of The Son Of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Galatians 5:24 KJV
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Ephesians 5:1,2 KJV
1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savor.

Philippians 1:21 KJV
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Philippians 2:5-8 KJV
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of A Servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as A Man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Philippians 3:7,8,12-14 KJV
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:18 KJV
And He is The Head Of The Body, The Church: who is The Beginning, The Firstborn From The Dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.

II Timothy 2:20,21 NLT
20 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use.
21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for The Master to use you for every good work.

II Timothy 3:12 KJV
Yea, and all that will live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Titus 2:11-14 KJV
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of The Great God And our Savior Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

I Peter 2:21 KJV
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps:

I Peter 4:1,2 NLT
1 So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude He had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin.
2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Author: Robert Frost

Matthew 7:13,14 KJV
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it.

Prayer:

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
28 Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Mark 16:16 KJV
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.